Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim keeps getting 'Change phone color' action

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change phone cover color and then travel or load your household again after exit, sim will again perform this action
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims change every time phone cover color if you load game or travel with sims
What do you expect to see? That you sims only change once phone cover color, not every time they travel or you load your household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I changed my sim’s phone color and now everytime I travel somewhere she gets the “change phone color” even though the phone color is already changed

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 36 (12,267 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Constantly Trying to Change Phone Color

Hero

Change Phone Color after queuing should no longer re-queue in the action queue after traveling, or saving and reloading the game.

Fixed in Patch 1.93.129/1.66

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 36 of 36 (6,139 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim keeps getting “Change phone color” action

Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (12,244 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change phone cover color and then travel or load your household again after exit, sim will again perform this action.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims change every time phone cover color if you load game or travel with sims
What do you expect to see? That you sims only change once phone cover color, not every time they travel or you load your household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Yeah, same issue, it’s annoying specially because the camera zooms to your sim if they perform this action. Childer dont get this annoying performance and because of this they are safe to change phone cover color.

Test it on a new save / folder

Message 3 of 36 (12,220 Views)

My sim won't stop changing her phone color

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but except but the Star Wars game pack and the Bust the Dust kit, and the High School Years expansion.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the game loading screen disappears from the front of my sim's lot, she autonomously changes the color of her phone. The game even zooms in on her and her action says "change phone color".
What do you expect to see? The sim should be only changing her phone color once, and when she comes home going to sleep etc. as I click on her commands.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that preceded the release of HSY.

I created a "test" sim for this crazy update mess but what's irritating me more than the glitches every single sim is showing about their celebrity status is that she can't arrive home without changing her phone color. She very quickly got a couple fears - one being "crowded places" or something similar (like a loner sim, but they're not afraid of strangers). It popped up in her wants/whims that she could face her fear by being funny in a crowded place so I've been going out to the festivals in San Myshuno. Arriving home and sending her to go to sleep immediately, unfortunately, cancels in favor of her autonomously changing her phone color. My only theory is the new teen behaviors might be a little over done (I was thinking about the selfie pose teens make) and it's showing up wonky like this because my sim isn't even a teen. 

Message 4 of 36 (12,075 Views)

★★★ Expert

I am currently rotating between two test Sims in separate households. They live in the same neighborhood, the Fashion District, in San Myshuno, so whichever one I am not currently playing, she will appear in the neighborhood as an NPC. They are both in the My Households tab in Manage Worlds, but like I said, they are in separate households.

For whichever Sim I am not currently playing, she will spawn down on the Fashion District causeway as an NPC, and apparently, she is changing the color on her phone too-- the game camera will zoom away from my active Sim to this other Sim in a household I am not even currently playing!

Message 5 of 36 (12,099 Views)

Re: My sim won't stop changing her phone color

★★★ Expert

@squatchie98 It looks like someone has created a bug report on this issue. I've seen it in my game as well. Here's a link to the bug report, in case you want to click the Me Too on it.

Sim keeps getting “Change phone color” action - Answer HQ (ea.com)

Message 6 of 36 (12,051 Views)

Re: My sim won't stop changing her phone color

Hero
@squatchie98 I merged your post with the thread for the phone color changing since that is what most of your post is about.

You might also want to click me too on this one though: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GF-All-Sims-Famous-after-patching/td-p/11667321

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 36 (12,021 Views)

Cell phone color changing bug

★★★★★ Novice

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game?
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time my sim loads into a lot, they immediately change the color of their phone, even with free will off.
What do you expect to see? Less cellphone editing, more chill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch.

As stated above, every time my sim loads into a new lot, they get onto their cellphone and change the color schemes. Can't stop/remove the action. The new calendar notification light resets and well and has to be opened/cleared.  

Message 8 of 36 (12,020 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim keeps getting 'Change phone color' action

★★★★ Guide

This has to be one of the most annoying things that came with the new update.

My Sim constantly pulls her phone out just to change its color. 

I always have to supervise her and cancel the interaction. Really annoying imo.

Message 9 of 36 (11,925 Views)

Sims will constantly change phone cover

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So, I updated the Sims 4 to the latest version when it was released. And now all my Sims will do now is just stand in the one place and constantly change the phone cover.

Is this a bug? Because I thought when you change the phone cover to the one of your choice it would stay as that cover forever.

Message 10 of 36 (11,713 Views)