Re: Sim keeps failing audition instantly

by crinrict

Original Post

Sim keeps failing audition instantly

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? not sure yet
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? having a sim to do an audition
What happens when the bug occurs? sim automatically fails to audition the moment it starts
What do you expect to see? the sim actually going for the audition, and pass the audition if the conditions are met
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried the actor path on 2 sims. For one of them, the audition is all normal. she disappears for a few hours and then comes back passing it cuz she has the right skill and mood. But for my other sim, even though he's extremely confident and has skill levels much higher than the audition requires, he still fails the low-level auditions every time. 

He doesn't actually disappear for hours when the audition starts. The fail notification is almost instant once the time for the audition starts. And I have tried change agency, doing different auditions, but it seems like it almost happens every time.

The first time this sim did audition was on his retail lot, I don't know if that affects anything. But since then I tried to let him stay in his residential lot when the audition starts, but he still keeps failing.

Message 1 of 7 (3,310 Views)

Hero
@SuperBeanBoy Sounds like something is off with that Sim.

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (3,276 Views)

Hero
@SuperBeanBoy Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (3,217 Views)

Hero
@SuperBeanBoy Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (3,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Any update on this topic? Its different than all the others about the actual gig- we cant even get to the gig since they automatically fail the audition!
Message 5 of 7 (2,937 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@kmcgarrell I've personally never seen it, and I've spent quite a lot of time as an actor. The acting career was severely bugged when this was first posted and was fixed about 2-3 months ago.
Message 6 of 7 (2,926 Views)

Hero
@kmcgarrell Never heard back from OP

Can you send me your save ? Any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (2,910 Views)