by Komosticka

Original Post

Sim keeps canceling every interaction

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim and make them to do something. Especially send them to work.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will cancel any interaction I make them to do. Sometimes it takes a while, but it never takes longer than 3 seconds. My Sim can't eat, sleep, go to work, take care of the toddler...
What do you expect to see? Sim do the action I make them to do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's hard to say how often this happens, because it affects all Sims randomly at some point but then I have one Sim that can't do literally anything (except quick shower for some reason). They will just stand in the same spot for hours canceling every action. At the beginning they waved like when something is in the way (even when it wasn't), so I tried to move everything that could be in the way then even teleport the Sim outside. Didn't help. Then I tried reseting the Sim and every object I made them to interact with. Also no results. Next I removed my mods to test this just with CAS and BB CC. This helped not for longer than a minute until it started again - it fixed the quick shower interaction for that Sim but only with CC shower, not in game one. After this I disabled all custom content completely only to my frustration to came back into the game to the exact same problem! In the end I moved at least MCCC back into the game to see, if it generates LE. No LE, nothing.

It often takes 2-3 seconds for the Sim to cancel the action, only send to work is canceled instantly and the notification about going from work early pops up.

It's just that one exact Sim at this point and I don't know what can be the cause. It started after the last update but not right away (about 2 days after) and it affected the whole houseld at that time but in the case of all other Sims reseting them fixed it. I even loaded up backup of that save that was created before the update just to be greeted with the exact same scenario: peaceful playing -> glitched household -> reset -> all Sims fixed except one. They have non-default gender settings (female, masculine frame, can't get pregnant nor get other Sims pregnant, can't use the toilet while standing), that's the only thing I know about being different to other Sims. I doubt it's the cause but I can't find anything else.

And autonomy is disabled. Just for the record.

At this point I'm desperate to fix it, so I would be glad for any idea how. Or I might just end up killing the Sim for good (they will die anyway without cheats).

Message 1 of 5 (19,001 Views)

Re: Sim keeps canceling every interaction

Hero

Hi @Komosticka 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (18,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How can you fix this on ps4

Message 3 of 5 (18,046 Views)

Hero
@semester2009 Do you have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-PS4-XB1-Sims-don-t-do-actions/td-p/8819013 or does it drop out of queue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (18,017 Views)

Sims constantly cancel interactions for something else

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.95.207.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Bust the Dust and Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game. Sims will constantly cancel interactions to go get water or go do other things. Theyll get up mid sleep in the middle of the night to go watch tv or read a book. This is been happening for a long time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will constantly cancel interactions to go get water or go do other things. Theyll get up mid sleep in the middle of the night to go watch tv or read a book. Other examples are that they will end conversations abruptly to dance or to wash their hands or something like that. They won't take care of toddlers. A lot fo the time theyll just stand around and do nothing.This is been happening for a long time.
What do you expect to see? For them to do what i tell them instead of canceling it for something else or not doing anything at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's not my mods in the game. My mods are up to do date but this issue was occurring before I became I mod user. It's gotten worse in recent patches. 

Message 5 of 5 (8,828 Views)