Re: Sim in 3rd Trimester can’t go though door(s)

by crinrict

Original Post

Sim in 3rd Trimester can’t go though door(s)

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? EP05: 1.assets.live-ep05.121
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every DLC but Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pregnant sim in third trimester and/or near going to labor.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pregnant sim unable to walk through door in third trimester.
What do you expect to see? Sims at each stage of pregnancy being able to walk through doors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 8 (1,199 Views)

Hero
@GreenAppleSims Hm, does this happen with every pregnant Sim in your game ? There was a report once for a generally fat Sim not being able to go through doors.

Did it go back to normal after the birth ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,180 Views)

★ Novice

Right after the delivery finished in the home lot she was able to go through doors again. I am currently playing through the 100 baby challenge so doors not working could be a huge issue. After switching to another household, lot, sim, world, and waiting out the pregnancy in game time the sim in the third trimester was fine as far as walking through doors go. I am unsure what caused the error in game.

Message 3 of 8 (1,176 Views)

Hero
@GreenAppleSims Did you ever try replacing the doors ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,131 Views)

★ Novice

I did, I also made sure that the doors were unlocked. I teleported her inside but she still couldn’t walk through doors that were in the interior. It was only that Sim and as she’s been pregnant multiple times yet she still couldn’t walk through doors in the third trimester.

Message 5 of 8 (1,115 Views)

Hero
@GreenAppleSims Really weird issue. Maybe it's a console issue as the other person that had something similar with a very large Sim was also on console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,100 Views)

★★ Novice

Came to this thread because I am currently experiencing this issue as well, however I am on PC.  I know this was over a year ago, but didn't anyone find a solution? or do you just have to wait it out on the pregnancy?

Message 7 of 8 (970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue since playing High School years. It seems that non-pregnant sims can get through and that also removing the door allows the sim to move. It also seems that arch ways sometimes work? This is a really annoying bug because even if I fixed the entry door the sim can not move between rooms...

Message 8 of 8 (831 Views)