by Lumiasta

Original Post

Sim got tan based on another sim's clothes/hair

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? EP05: 1.assets.ml-ep05.119
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure if you can, but could try having one sim tan, while the other is not, and then just cancel sunbathing when the moodlet states that they've been in sun long enough to develop a tan.
What happens when the bug occurs? One sim's tan/shadow/clothing-layer gets pasted on another sim when he stops sunbathing.
What do you expect to see? Regular tan reaction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure if it was just a one-off glitch, but it was too hilarious not to report. A household of two (boyfriend/girlfriend) traveled to Sulani. She went for a swim (mermaid), he settled on a lounger to get a tan. He applied sunscreen and stayed in the sun until the moodlet appeared that states he's been long enough in the sun to get a nice tan. I click the 'sunbathing' action away to make him stop.

This is when the sim usually turns tan. In his case, he seemed to get an extra layer on top of his own, including even over his swim pants. The extra layer was the girlfriend in the swimming outfit (currently wearing it while beachcombing). Her top was pasted on his chest, her pants were pasted on his pants, there was a shadow on his chest from the necklace she's wearing, and on his face he had both her makeup and the shadows from her hair. Even his brown hair got an overlayer from her black and teal hair.

I had him stand up to look at things better, and the strangeness stayed. Then I had him walk from the pier to stand, and it vanished after a few steps, except from his big icon.

Attaching screenshots to show the whole thing.

As for mods, I use Sims Info and nomosaic. Haven't tested without them, since I'm not even sure if I can replicate this with or without them, just wanted to report this in case there's a sneaky piece of code escaping notice somewhere, and more importantly, to share a laugh. Oh, and both of them were streaming with drones when it happened. He had it on the whole time when sunbathing, she started hers when she stopped swimming and started beachcombing. 

Message 1 of 3 (900 Views)

Re: Sim got tan based on another sim's clothes/hair

★★★★★ Novice

This has just happened to me, does anyone know a fix?

Message 2 of 3 (533 Views)

Re: Sim got tan based on another sim's clothes/hair

[ Edited ]
Hero

@toriajane_x Are you using mods/cc or is this on a vanilla game ?

Could you add some pics from your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (513 Views)