Sim gets engaged without me telling them to

by Lannybugg

Original Post

Sim gets engaged without me telling them to

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I'm missing Dream Home decorator and all the kits except Throwback Fit Kit and Bust the Dust Kit. I have everything else though.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an adult sim dating someone not in your household, and have a child/other sim that is friends with the adult's partner.
What happens when the bug occurs? The adult sim's partner calls the child/other sim with the "I found a ring" message, and if you tell them to accept, they get engaged even if the sims weren't near each other.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim's partner to not call her child and get engaged without me telling them to lmao
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I saw a post similar to this, but the partner was calling the adult sim directly, so I figured this would be a different issue. 

Message 1 of 2 (198 Views)

Re: Sim gets engaged without me telling them to

Hero
@Lannybugg I'm not sure I understand. Is your Sims child still a child living in the same household or did they move out cause they are an adult now ?

Who is getting engaged with the call ? The Sim gets engaged to their own child ?

If you tell them to accept, they will get engaged. That's the point of the calls. What do you mean by weren't near each other ? Physically ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (172 Views)