Sim doesn't age with cake/ages twice

by yenot-raccoon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim doesn't age with cake/ages twice

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I play with normal lifespan, and based on what I was reading thought the auto aging issue wouldn't affect me.  My young adult aged into an adult and almost before it completed she auto aged into a senior

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? occurred once retesting couldn't duplicate
What is your current game version number? don't know how to find
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I was playing my matriarch and forgot to age her up when she auto aged she aged twice instead of once.  Used a back up but couldn't duplicate
What happens when the bug occurs? sim ages up twice in quick succession
What do you expect to see?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? no
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? happened after installing high school years
Please describe the patch or change you made

Message 1 of 11 (1,396 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: workaround for auto aging not working

Hero
@yenot-raccoon I couldn't duplicate the double aging, just the not aging and that's basically what the other thread is about (symptoms vary on that one).

I've seen no moodlet, with moodlet, Sims teleport somewhere else and then aging up, Sims teleport somewhere else and then aging up.

They usually age up without the cake but there's also been reports of not even that happening.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (1,203 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@yenot-raccoon Did you always play on normal or change ? Any mods/cc in your game ?

Do you have a backup ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,373 Views)

★★★ Novice

always play on normal lifespan.  No mods or cc.  Yes I have a back-up

Message 3 of 11 (1,348 Views)

Hero
@yenot-raccoon Does it happen again on the backup ? Make sure to keep a backup of the backup when trying.

If so, could you please send me your save ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,317 Views)

Hero
@yenot-raccoon I checked your save and don't think you have the same issue.

To be sure:

- Are there days added to your Sims when you enter CAS ?
- Did the Sim just age twice on they day she should have ?
- Do you have issues with any other Sims ?

I waited for the Sims birthday and then baked a cake. She blew out the candles but kinda nothing happened (there's a bug report for this). Tried another cake, still nothing but she then finally aged up on her own but only once.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,274 Views)

★★★ Novice

I didn't go into CAS I may have read the initial problem wrong.

She aged twice when she should have just aged once.  She was a young adult and became an adult and immediately became a senior.  It didn't happen with my backup and doesn't happen if I use a cake to age her up.  So far the issue hasn't repeated for her and any of my other sims

Message 6 of 11 (1,264 Views)

Hero
@yenot-raccoon The aging twice is an issue that crops up every now and again.

Testing your save, I think the main issue that you are facing is this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-don-t-age-up-on-birthday-Still-teleport-Patch-1-69/m...

Maybe trying the birthday triggered it once and the they also auto-aged

Or did you try multiple cakes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (1,256 Views)

★★★ Novice

I only did one cake.  I haven't ever had the issue of the sim not aging when using the birthday cake I don't think.  When it happened I had forgotten that it was her birthday and she aged automatically.  Then almost before it finished aging her up she aged up again.  

I followed the link and checked out the issue and I'm not sure it sounds like what is happening.  

Message 8 of 11 (1,237 Views)

Hero
@yenot-raccoon I couldn't duplicate the double aging, just the not aging and that's basically what the other thread is about (symptoms vary on that one).

I've seen no moodlet, with moodlet, Sims teleport somewhere else and then aging up, Sims teleport somewhere else and then aging up.

They usually age up without the cake but there's also been reports of not even that happening.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,204 Views)

★★★ Novice

thanks for your help.

Message 10 of 11 (1,183 Views)