by snoochyboots

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim does not show up in travel menu

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except spooky, kids room, tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on the travel or invite menu
What happens when the bug occurs? A certain sim does not show up
What do you expect to see? The sim to show up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I do not know what screenshot would helo.

Message 1 of 9 (2,068 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim does not show up in travel menu

Hero
@snoochyboots So I tested your save and the issue is that the Sim has the BabyAriel NPC trait.

Did she used to be BabyAriel ?

There's two solutions to the issue

1. Travel with the older Sim and invite the younger along. That should work
2. Remove the BabyAriel trait with a cheat. The cheat is: traits.remove_trait SpecialNPCs_BabyAriel

BabyAriel is also not aging or dying so if you remove the trait, that will be removed as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,867 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@snoochyboots 

Need a little more information.  Where are you trying to travel from?  Home lot or is it a case of trying to get back home with all the active sims that traveled with you earlier?

If you are off the home lot, a lot of the time, NPCs and playable sims won't be available to travel, even if you can see them.  Most of the time, it's because they have already been queued to leave by the game.  There are other reasons too but that's the most common I find.

Another reason may also be if the sim you want to select is a vampire without the sun resistance perk and it is daylight.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 9 (2,018 Views)

★★ Novice

The sim does not show up no matter where they are. In this screenshot they are at their home lot. As you can see in the photo, these 2 sims are clearly in the same household. *The other sim in the household does not show up no matter what filter you use, I just selected the household filter to make it easier to see.*TS4 Bug.png

Message 3 of 9 (1,990 Views)

Hero
@snoochyboots Is this the only Sim ? There was an issue when Sims 'lost' knowing each other but as they are in the same household, that's probably not the issue

Is one of them an Occult ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,963 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict So far, this is the only sim that this has happened with.

None of them are occults.
Message 5 of 9 (1,939 Views)

Hero
@snoochyboots Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,937 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@snoochyboots  I've seen something similar to what you are describing. In my experience this can happen when the sim you want to travel with is still physically on the lot but in fact has decided they want to leave, just hasn't stated that they are leaving yet. I've found that re-engaging the sim with "Ask to hang out" or "Invite to stay the night" will have them stay, and they will again become available in the travel selection pop-up.

Message 7 of 9 (1,899 Views)

Hero
@snoochyboots So I tested your save and the issue is that the Sim has the BabyAriel NPC trait.

Did she used to be BabyAriel ?

There's two solutions to the issue

1. Travel with the older Sim and invite the younger along. That should work
2. Remove the BabyAriel trait with a cheat. The cheat is: traits.remove_trait SpecialNPCs_BabyAriel

BabyAriel is also not aging or dying so if you remove the trait, that will be removed as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,868 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I got this sim off of the gallery so maybe she used to be Baby Ariel and when I got her off the gallery the trait stuck. Either way this is fixed so thank youStandard smile
Message 9 of 9 (1,838 Views)