Re: Sim customers stealing furniture while visiting and eating at my restaurant:

by crinrict

Original Post

Sim customers stealing furniture while visiting and eating at my restaurant:(

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try playing/opening one of your business's, allowing customers in.
What happens when the bug occurs? I open my restaurant, and Sim customers pour in, and before I know it numerous Sims are stealing my tables, chairs, couches, counters, and even the piano once. It is very frustrating having to repurchase items, I have already purchased!
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Sim customers come in, sit down, and enjoy their meals, and not their steals!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It wasn't happening before a couple patches back, yet, I couldn't tell you which one, since I hadn't played my restaurant lots since, until this week.

It has happened before when I had a Sim visiting my home, yet, that is usually just one item. In my restaurant, it is a lot of items. I have purchased and replaced the items during the restaurant's open hours, just to have the same items stolen within minutes after re-adding it through build mode. You can't make a profit, if you keep having to repurchase items. It sucks the fun out of having your own business in the Sims world. Please give me my fun back, lol, but seriously. 

Thank you and appreciate your help with this issue. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,645 Views)

Re: Sim customers stealing furniture while visiting and eating at my restaurant:

Hero
@SmileyOne69 Please check if the sharing is caring NAP is active in the neighborhood the restaurant is at. If so, repeal it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't believe it is, yet, I will definitely check. Thank you.

Message 3 of 7 (1,634 Views)

Hero
@SmileyOne69 Let me know what you find so I can merge it with the correct thread for this.

Make sure to check the neighborhood where the restaurant is in and not the one where your Sims live.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There isn't a community voting board in that neighborhood. It is all businesses, so no one to vote.

Message 5 of 7 (1,528 Views)

Hero
@SmileyOne69 It can be active anyways (which is kinda of a bug but we already have a thread for that). You need to temporarily put a residential lot and then play a family there and check on the mail box to repeal it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,514 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am not computer savy by any means.  I have had the same problem (NPCs are stealing furniture at resturant lots) in Sulani only.  No other worlds seem to have this issue.  I have changed the lot type to residential, have moved sims in.  I just don't know what I am supposed to do with the mailbox.  Sorry to be a pain.  Not sure what I am supposed to do.  There is no real way to contact EA support other than responding to a chat.  

Message 7 of 7 (871 Views)