Sim cannot marry npc who was previously employed as nanny

by mariahfish

Original Post

Sim cannot marry npc who was previously employed as nanny

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? hire nanny fire nanny engage nanny try to marry nanny
What happens when the bug occurs? no options to 'plan wedding' no option to marry on the wedding arch item
What do you expect to see? sim can marry previous nanny and plan wedding
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i am also unable to remove the sim from my employ as they are no longer my nanny

none of the previous fixes work.

Message 1 of 4 (379 Views)

Re: Sim cannot marry npc who was previously employed as nanny

Hero
@mariahfish Since you're not opposed to mods, can you get the SimsInfo mod from Modthesims and check if the Sim has a hidden nanny trait still ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (345 Views)

Hero
@mariahfish Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (305 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Crin

i cancelled the wedding, and tried again to plan a wedding to no avail - still couldn’t marry them, and they were logged as unemployed so definitely not my maid. Cancelled again, as a set event which worked?

ok for now I guess 

Message 4 of 4 (292 Views)