Re: Sim can't interact with building

by crinrict

Original Post

Sim can't interact with building

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vanilla (none)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No Idea what causes it. I have some platforms that interacts with the first floor alot, so it might be that. I also have an open roofed part of floor 1. I also used testingcheats 1 and bb.moveobjects
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim cannot interact or "go here" anywhere on the first floor. he can on any other floor. the sim can enter the building, but he can't interact or "go here" on the first floor. My Building can be found on: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A65344975F2411EB899EC813C76F354F?category=al... I hope the platform bug can be fixed.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sim to interact with things and do "go here".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My building (in the gallery):

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A65344975F2411EB899EC813C76F354F?category=al...

Message 1 of 5 (771 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@GeekyGamer36 Do you not get the option or do they wave and not do it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (748 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict  What exactly does "not the the option" even mean? I'll assume you meant "not get the option"? lol

All joking aside, I tried adding the lot into my game and yeah I couldn't click on any empty space for the ground level floor. I could click on the objects, but my sim would throw a routing tantrum and wouldn't do anything. They walked through the ground level floor to get to the upper floor, though once I was on the upper floor I couldn't get back down. I tried deleting things one at a time to see if a specific object was causing the problem, and I eventually started deleting entire rooms but the problem remained even after everything was gone. After manually deleting everything I could see I tried to bulldoze the lot, and after doing that I could click on the empty spaces to get the Go Here option. Maybe there's an object I couldn't see that's causing issues?

I wish I could help you figure out what exactly is causing the problem, but my knowledge of build mode is pretty limited so I have no idea what is causing this.

Message 3 of 5 (736 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@GeekyGamer36 I'm not sure how, but the lot is corrupted. I noticed it before I even played it. I placed the lot, and I got graphical distortions on my neighborhood screen. Never saw that happen before.

I wouldn't even try to fix it. Just delete it and re-create it from scratch.
Message 4 of 5 (731 Views)

Hero
@valohim666 Haha. Funny

Anyways, thanks for checking the lot guys, guess it's similar to this thread then: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-can-t-walk-through-a-perfectly-empty-area/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (709 Views)