by toffeehobnob

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim can't fit on platform with no ceiling above

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats&Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a platform 4 levels up on the ground floor of the house with stairs to the second floor. Remove ceiling from the area above the platform. The walls of the house should be short.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims can't access the platform, I can only assume due to not enough height even though there is no ceiling.
What do you expect to see? I would expect the sim to access the platform as visually height isn't an issue
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried changing wall heights and platform heights, but it is hard to get it to work. I would like it to work exactly how I have built it as pictured, and didn't think height would be an issue after removing the ceiling 

Message 1 of 6 (976 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim can't fit on platform with no ceiling above

★ Guide
@toffeehobnob I have a feeling your problem might actually be this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/td-p/9716427/...
As by removing the ceiling you have probably created an open stairwell.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (942 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@toffeehobnob I have a feeling your problem might actually be this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/td-p/9716427/...
As by removing the ceiling you have probably created an open stairwell.
Message 2 of 6 (943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@IngeJones @Thank you. It is definitely similar, however if I lower the platform and add stairs back in to the second floor, even with the open ceiling it works. I am 99% sure it is the platform that is the problem in my case

I will definitely look at this thread though and try some of the suggestions. Thanks!

EDIT: I actually read more of the thread and can see a similar issue with platforms. Fingers crossed one of the fixes work for me. Thank you again

EDIT: the link thread gave me my fix https://youtu.be/yrYmT5AMSu0 this worked perfectly for me

Message 3 of 6 (925 Views)

Hero
@toffeehobnob This link leads back to this post.

Was it something in the thread Inge linked ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (888 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict Thanks for pointing that out! I do know how to use computers really Large smile haha

I have edited my last comment to include the video that helped. And yes, it was from the thread Inge linked.

Message 5 of 6 (884 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @toffeehobnob @IngeJones,

As there is the workaround for this issue and it seems to have helped, I'm locking this thread so that it's easier to keep track of things in case someone else comes across this problemd. Standard smile 

- Leeloo 

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 6 (868 Views)