Sim can't cook gourmet meals

by flartsnart

Original Post

Sim can't cook gourmet meals

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville, Vampires, Bowling Night, Kids Room, Luxury Party, My First Pet, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Tiny Living, Toddler, and Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown what causes it
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim who runs a bakery retail store who has gourmet cooking level 5 and homestyle cooking level 10 and all the proper equipment is unable to make any gourmet cooking recipes with the exception of caprese salad when clicking on the fridge, and none at all when clicking on the stove/oven.
What do you expect to see? The ability to cook gourmet meals
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When clicking on the fridge

When clicking on the fridge

When clicking on the stove_oven

When clicking on the stove/oven

Message 1 of 8 (2,389 Views)

Re: Sim can't cook gourmet meals

Hero
@flartsnart Does it work with other Sims ? Does it work on other lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,380 Views)

Champion

My game was actually doing this - or something similar to it - as well. I thought maybe it was one of my mods, but before I got around to tracking it down it seemed to fix itself. But here’s the trick: mine wasn’t actually showing only one meal option on the fridge. It was showing all of them, but stacked on top of each other, so it looked like just one with a deeper than normal shadow. If you open and close the drop down for number or servings, do the other meals come back? Mine did, although next time I went to have a Sim cook they’d all be stacked again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 3 of 8 (2,346 Views)

Hero
@flartsnart Are you still have issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,297 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure what happened to the original poster, but I was having the same issue. Tried repairing, reinstalling, removing all mods (I use lot, both scripts and packages) then ultimately putting them back. It was only one lot that was causing the issue (that I've found so far). I tried two different Sims in different households, Sim A at both lots, and Sim B at both too. Both had this issue on Sim A's lot, even with using cheats to try to reset the skill level(s). The only thing that fixed it was to save the lot in my gallery, move Sim A's family out, replace it with itself, and then move Sim A's family back in. Issue appears to be resolved! Hope this helps someone else that was as freaked out as me!

Message 5 of 8 (2,262 Views)

Hero

@Jinnman @flartsnart @PipMenace 

Anyone still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@crinrictI've not seen it again.

Also congrats on the shout-out you got today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 7 of 8 (2,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Jinnman wrote:

I'm not sure what happened to the original poster, but I was having the same issue. Tried repairing, reinstalling, removing all mods (I use lot, both scripts and packages) then ultimately putting them back. It was only one lot that was causing the issue (that I've found so far). I tried two different Sims in different households, Sim A at both lots, and Sim B at both too. Both had this issue on Sim A's lot, even with using cheats to try to reset the skill level(s). The only thing that fixed it was to save the lot in my gallery, move Sim A's family out, replace it with itself, and then move Sim A's family back in. Issue appears to be resolved! Hope this helps someone else that was as freaked out as me!

Did you by chance have ECo lifestyle installed and have green energy sources running?  Also did you forget to pay your utility bills?  Certain appliances if not upgraded to run on other fuel sources won't work correctly if the utility bill isn't paid.

Message 8 of 8 (1,612 Views)