Re: Sim can not change phone color cover

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@12181120aA Unfortunately the Sim does not show up. Do you not want to upload to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 27 (628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictI've also had this issue. I thought last week's patch might have fixed it, but I just discovered today that my Sim still cannot access the menu for phone covers. I uploaded her to the Gallery; Household name is Thurston. She's an alien.

I loaded her into a new game, and I still couldn't access the menu. I also loaded another alien Sim to see if that was the issue, but her menu appeared normally. I messed around with the fame settings since my glitched Sim is famous, but lowering her fame didn't resolve the issue either. Adding fame to the other unaffected Sim didn't cause the glitch either. Finally, I tried making my glitched Sim step out of the spotlight, but this also didn't resolve the problem. It seems to be centralized to just her.

I forgot to mention that I have no CC or mods, and this issue appeared with the patch that added new features to phones.

Message 12 of 27 (523 Views)

Hero

I tested your Sim and her phone cover looks normal in my game

Bild_2022-10-19_125052033.png

Is she the only Sim you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 27 (499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict  Your screenshot shows you opening the phone, but were you able to access the option for changing the phone's case cover? I can use the phone just fine, but I cannot change the color of her case. I've attached a screenshot for what happens when I click on the phone case button. The menu for the colors comes up distorted. Keep in mind this is for the phone CASES, not the phone BACKGROUND. The color options for changing the background come up with no issue.

Message 14 of 27 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello. Do you have mods that affect the phone interface?

Like this one:

[CM Edit: Mod link removed]

Message 15 of 27 (466 Views)

★★★ Novice
@12181120aA I have no mods installed.
Message 16 of 27 (464 Views)

★★ Novice

How long has it been like this?

Do you have any backup of your game from before that happened?

Message 17 of 27 (454 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Just went through the 10 households I play with and discovered that there are two other Sims with the same issue. I have no idea if there is an overlapping trait among them to have this issue. I didn't see one, but I put them together in a household and uploaded it to the Gallery if you want to check.
Message 18 of 27 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DarkAuthor13 So sorry, Guess I misunderstood the issue. Yes, I can duplicate the error for that Sim

EDIT: 

Now that is very weird. This new family isn't broken for me and I redownloaded the other and that's also not broken anymore.

Broken covers

Download family into new household in CAS and place in the game. 

Not broken covers

Start the game and start a random family. Click on the gallery button and add the family this way. Could you try if that works for you too

Very hard to tell what breaks them though. How did you get them originally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 27 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictWHAT?!

I just tried it in my game, and it also worked. I started a new game with a new family, placed him on a lot, and then added the broken household through Live mode. All of their phones loaded the menu correctly.

None of these Sims were created in CAS. I haven't made and played with a Sim like that in years. These Sims are the results of several generations of playing. Link to family tree: https://theplumtreeapp.com/public/57af12798db55b0e00e8692d

The alien and teen are on the right side of the tree, near the bottom. The little girl is on the left side. Might this be the issue? Some weird genetics thing? If so though, what is being loaded in CAS that breaks the menu that is then not loaded when added through Live mode?

I'll do some more testing later and see what happens.

Message 20 of 27 (395 Views)