Sim button glitch

by one_purple_dog

Original Post

Sim button glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6s
OS Version 14.4.2
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure how to answer this question.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see four character buttons at the bottom of the screen to switch between sims. Instead I see the face in the first box and the other three box/buttons are X’ed out. I also expected to see the jeong manor where I placed it but it has disappeared.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I purchased the festival pass and got the Jeong Manor. I placed it on a lot that I’d removed all of the rooms and items from. I started redecorating the manor. When I closed out and then got back into the game, the original rooms of the house I’d previously had on the lot were there but empty. The jeong manor was completely gone. 

I moved all of my sims to a different house hoping that the lot was the issue.

I am upset that I can’t play as my other characters because i purchased the festival pass and i am missing out on all of the prizes.

Message 1 of 6 (599 Views)

Re: Sim button glitch

Hero

@one_purple_dog 

Regarding issue #1, the white portraits with an X, please make your active Sim passive. That's the only one that has a normal portrait without an X.

This should fix this problem.

Regarding issue #2, did you find all the furniture from the Jeong house in inventory?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 6 (576 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes!!! All of that worked. The jeong manor was still in my house inventory and I was able to place it. And I fixed the playable characters. Thank you!!!

The only issue is that I lost all of the items I’d placed inside of it. All of my guitar hobby stuff is gone and my writing hobby stuff is gone. 

Do you have any ideas about how I can get those items back?

Message 3 of 6 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@one_purple_dog 

I'm glad you got your Sims back to playable Sims. Standard smile

In order to get back your lost hobby items, you should send in a Help Ticket from your in-game account. Advisors need mobile players to do this because in-game mobile tickets bring through needed details. Contacting by any other method will only delay support and you'll be asked to go back and send in an in-game help ticket. Also worth noting that sending in help tickets from the mobile in-game account ensures the tickets go through to the mobile advisors directly who'll be far more informed.

• Tap the arrow pull-out tab on the right side of the game screen.

Tapping the arrow to open the help menu on the right side of the screen in The Sims Mobile.

• Tap the Settings cog tab.
  • Tap Help & About.
  • Tap Help to visit EA Help.

The Help & About button in The Sims Mobile Settings menu.

The EA Help site will open on your web browser.

• Choose your device.
  • Select topic Missing content.
  • Select issue Had content and lost it.
  • Provide your player-ID.
  • Select contact option Email.
  • Fill in the form. Make a list of the items that you lost.
  • In your case, it will be helpful if you could send also screenshots that show you had these items.
  • Finally, tap on the button Email us.

Hope this helps. Please tell us how it goes. Hope you get your items back.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 6 (518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah so I spent about two hours chatting online with customer service. 

The rep, discussed with “their team” after I gave them photos of missing items, calculated the amount spent, and answered about 50 questions.

They offered me 25% of the simoleons (i’d spent on my hobby items) and 15 simcash “as a gesture of goodwill”. Their version of 25% of what I’d spent in simoleons = 1,250

I’d spent a total of 9,985simoleons and 85simcash. 25% of 9,985 is 2,496.25

so they lied to me about the amount they were giving me and offered me chump change for my missing items. 

All I wanted were my hobby items back that had disappeared into the jeong manor which glitched out on me. It’s not like it was a million dollars. But in Sims mobile, 85simcash is really hard to earn and 9,985 is pretty hard to earn. Especially when you’re just getting started. 

I refused the pittance they offered and deleted the game. 

I’m super depressed because it’s a really fun version of sims but their customer service is a joke and I can’t trust the glitching and my items disappearing after I spend my own money investing in the game. 

Message 5 of 6 (489 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @one_purple_dog! Can you DM me your player id and case number? Thanks!

Message 6 of 6 (428 Views)