Re: Sim became passive while in a quest / an event

by Ilois4

Original Post

Sim became passive while in a quest / an event

★★★★ Apprentice

One of my active Sims became passive while doing part 6 of chapter 4 Wumple's quest, make meal prep on counter.

It happened after I made a different Sim passive, replaced that Sim and exited the game. When I got back to the game, my Sim who was doing the Wumple's quest has become passive. Her slot was automatically replaced by a different Sim even if she's already doing the meal prep. She's now stuck and not making any progress with the quest. I tried to tap on any counter using other active Sims but the game won't let me perform the meal prep. Guess I won't be able to finish the remaining tasks for chapter 5. The game keeps saying that she's busy and I can't make her active. I've been playing for 3 years and I don't want to risk uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Message 1 of 5 (857 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@sc3dqp9ugkbi Hi, I saw elsewhere another player who had active sim going passive in the middle of a shift saying that they were able to activate the sim the next day. Obviously this kind of task is different from a normal shift but don’t lose hope yet. 🤞

Wumples usually allows to do the action with multiple sims while the chapter card isn’t claimed, maybe you can still do it. 🤔 Counters are sometimes tricky if another item near/ on the wall/ next room is interfering them. Check that and if you have another lot and didn’t try yet, check if the action is available on another lot.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (829 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Ilois4 wrote:
@sc3dqp9ugkbiHi, I saw elsewhere another player who had active sim going passive in the middle of a shift saying that they were able to activate the sim the next day. Obviously this kind of task is different from a normal shift but don’t lose hope yet. 🤞

Wumples usually allows to do the action with multiple sims while the chapter card isn’t claimed, maybe you can still do it. 🤔 Counters are sometimes tricky if another item near/ on the wall/ next room is interfering them. Check that and if you have another lot and didn’t try yet, check if the action is available on another lot.

Thank you for the response @Ilois4 I've tried doing the task on other lots but the game still doesn't allow me. It's been 24 hours and my Sim is still stuck in making a meal prep on kitchen counter.  I don't want to lose another perfectly good Sim because of this bug.

Message 3 of 5 (821 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My Sim's actually doing a career shift when I gave her the Wumple's task. I exited the game and when I got back she became passive while doing the meal prep on a kitchen counter.

Message 4 of 5 (818 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So the Wumple's quest is over and my Sim is still stuck doing the meal prep and "busy" despite being passive. So frustrating knowing that there's no permanent fix.

Message 5 of 5 (766 Views)