Sim automatically removed out of the household

by liquidbolly

Original Post

Sim automatically removed out of the household

★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone XR, iPad 8th generation
OS Version 14.4
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure, but I got my sim deleted out of my household out of nowhere, I really want her back
What do you expect to see? My sim back at my household
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

My sim was not in my family portrait anymore and I didn’t even kicked her out. None of my other Sims knew her anymore and even though they’re literally family I can introduce them to her as flirty which means she’s not part of the family??? I really want her back 

Message 1 of 13 (1,128 Views)

Re: Sim automatically removed out of the household

★★★★ Guide
@liquidbolly This sounds terrible. She’s still in the house but not in the Family Portrait? And your other Sims are able to interact with her?
I’m just a fellow player. I’m sure someone will be along soon.
Message 2 of 13 (1,103 Views)

★ Novice

She’s not in the house, she’s just walking around the town as other townies. My other Sims are able to interact with her but they don’t have the stories they used to have with her anymore. ); thanks for your response tho 

Message 3 of 13 (1,095 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@liquidbolly I hope it’s not a situation like I’ve got right now, where my Sim has basically turned into an NPC. She wanders around town and hangs out at the Eco Workshop and Coffee House, just like an NPC. And she’s not leaving. I’m hoping they can remove her at some point. She’s retired.
Message 4 of 13 (1,083 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, I had the same issue. My sim was removed from my household. If she's still around your house, I recommend having one of your actives marrying her. That's the only way she can come back that I know of. Also, there's a possibility she'll get "retired" soon by the game, so start quickly. 

Message 5 of 13 (1,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Kaila_tsmNo chance. She’s already retired. She was 5 minutes from moving on and suddenly her promoted NPC husband was in control of the relationship. And it said, ‘Divorce’, which had been on my mind for various reasons, so I did it. Then she was gone. Now she’s everywhere. At the Eco Workshop, at the Salon, I just checked in and today she’s at the Restaurant, so at least she’s eating! I don’t think she should be there. I think it’s a combination of my mistake and a glitch. It should not have been possible to divorce her in the first place. And even if it was, this is just not a good situation.😕👍 

I just noticed your post mentions there’s a possibility she’ll get retired by the game. That’s what our Hero says, too, actually, which I can only assume is coming pretty much from the team. It’s just she’s acting more and more liked an entrenched character all the time and that’s how it happened with another situation I had. They just became more and more involved so that they were showing up more and more often and more intimately. 
Anyway, this is slightly off topic but thanks for the advice. I didn’t even know a Sim could be removed before they were retired.🤔😊

Message 6 of 13 (1,036 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh, I see.. I'm sorry she got evicted and retired. This definitely should not happen. I saw mine walking by the house so had one of the actives start a friendship story with her. Just to keep her around. Then I promoted a new Sim yesterday and started romance in order to get them married. She's now back on my portrait, but no one from her family recognises her as family anymore. But at least I have her back...

Message 7 of 13 (1,032 Views)

★★★★ Guide

That’s got to be really weird. Not that you necessarily interact between siblings that much but certainly parents and kids. I’m not sure in what other ways that might affect you off the top of my head, just that it’s not in your contacts correctly, you don’t have a quick sense of who’s who to who.🤪😊 Especially if you do a lot of retiring. 

Anyway glad you were able to get her back. And she’s getting married! Yay!✌️Still, you shouldn’t have had to go through all that. Plus who knows what else might happen losing level 10 relationships, who knows. Hope this gets resolved. 

Message 8 of 13 (1,020 Views)

★ Apprentice

Lol, it definitely created a lot of trouble for me. I had different stories in mind for her and the sim she ended up married with. She had a wife and kids before this incident, lasting friendships with other Sims, now she's a blank. I'll have to divorce her, since her new husband is supposed to be a bit of a womaniser lol, not married at all. Ah, crap this will totally mess up my stories... 😂😅😭😭

Message 9 of 13 (1,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Haha.😅🥵But it’ll also mess up your progress and especially the money you’re able to make. You’re going to be right back down to $45 Simoleons again!😭 Oh I’d be ticked.
Something like that happened to me at Christmas where they had to back up my game to give it back to me. Which meant I lost a whole generation and all their relationship progress. Plus they all spent Christmas together and had private parties and knew each other well. All that’s gone. Oh well. I got my game and my money back.(from the backup). 
Now I’m too greedy to promote them😉( I need 200,000 - 4th storey, then a renovation), and I’m waiting to do an Active Passive switch so I can keep everybody.
Hopefully you won’t do this again until you hear it’s AOK🤗! I’m not!!😃

Message 10 of 13 (1,006 Views)