Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Sims throw trash on the ground

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? V 1.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to make a sim throw away any sort of trash or wash dishes.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you make a sim try to throw away something, they will pick up trash, the "throw away" action will delete from the queue, then the sim will just throw it back on the ground as a trash pile. Same with washing dishes. The sim will pick up the plate, the action will delete from the queue, then they immediately set it back down.
What do you expect to see? Sims should throw away trash when you tell them to. Sims should wash dishes when you tell them to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have multiple, fully accessible indoor and outdoor trashcans and several sinks. Sims just stand around doing nothing and their queue always deletes when you try to make them clean up.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. 

Message 14 of 22 (5,076 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims won't throw away trash or wash dishes

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

For your info:

We are tracking "Sims won't throw trash away and leaves it on the ground" only on this current thread.

Issues related to "Sims not washing dishes" are tracked in this thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-will-not-wash-dishes-Patch-1-63/td-p/9184556 

Issues related to "Sims won't wash plates when placed on half walls" are tracked in this thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-do-not-clean-plates-when-one-is-on-a-half-wall/m-p/9...

Issues related to "Can't clean trash/dishes in ladders only house" are tracked in this thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-clean-dishes-trash-in-ladder-only-houses/m-p/920021...

Kindly use the above threads and avoid reporting multiple issues on one thread so that we don't miss tracking any issues.

Thanks

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (1,364 Views)

All Replies

Sim and maid throw trash on the floor

★★ Guide

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Journy To Batuu, Bust The Dust, Garden Oasis, Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms, Modern Menswear
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a regular maid, or have your sim take put the trash.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you hire a maid, they will empty the trash can and throw the trash on the floor. They will pick up the trash and throw it back on the floor, and repeat. Sometimes they throw it back in the trash can, empties it again and throws the trash on the floor, and repeat. If you have your sim empty the trash can, they will throw the trash on the floor. If you then choose to throw away the trash, they will put it back in the trash can. If you again choose to empty the trash can, the sim will again throw the trash on the floor.
What do you expect to see? The trash being thrown out in the outside trash can.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I think this came with the most recent update (Jan. 25th), but I’m not 100% sure.

Message 1 of 22 (5,166 Views)

Re: Sim and maid throw trash on the floor

★★★★ Guide

I notice my sims cleaning the animal shed and chicken coop, leaving trash on the floor instead of taking it to the very closed garbage. I then click on the trash, so my sim can bring it in the garbage bin, so no fault on the routing.

Message 2 of 22 (5,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@marianlarsen Does the lot have any trait ? There's this older thread that sounds similar: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Maid-Stuck-Cleaning-Up-Trash/td-p/9203468 although it's more of a loop kinda thing.

@Francoisf30 That sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Chicken-Coop-Throwing-trash-on-ground-instead-of-cans/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 22 (5,125 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict I have three lot traits: good schools, homey, and teen neighbourhood.

Message 4 of 22 (5,102 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen Is that the same lot you have the issue with the not-bottomless outdoor trash ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 22 (5,094 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, the same lot
Message 6 of 22 (5,077 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen Maybe it's connected then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 22 (5,060 Views)

"Trash : From Can to Ground"

★ Guide

Platform: Pc/Windows

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur?

Every single time

What is your current game version number? 

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

Base game plus New Year pack ( got from buying the game )

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

Clear leftover or spoiled food from the fridge

What happens when the bug occurs?

Trash will fall on the floor and if the nearest cell around it is busy it'll spawn somewhere else (Observed with the Garbelle Wastebasket)

What do you expect to see?
Trash being placed inside the trash can, from where I can take it outside

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? On patch 

And that's it, another trash can bug, not as serious of a problem as it may be but how annoying this is!

Message 8 of 22 (5,081 Views)

Re: "Trash : From Can to Ground"

Hero
@Vatzfu Is this what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sim-and-maid-throw-trash-on-the-floor/td-p/11239831 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (5,014 Views)