Sim ages up early in the morning without birthday party

by SJWmama

Original Post

Sim ages up early in the morning without birthday party

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: all but snowy escape, Game packs: outdoor retreat, parenthood, realm of magic, strangerville. Stuff packs: Bowling night, laundry day, nifty knitting, tiny living, toddler, vintage glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with a birthday on that day
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim ages up early in the morning of their birthday (this time it was 4AM) before any birthday party can be organised, then has a sad moodlet because they didn't get a party.
What do you expect to see? Sims wait until evening or night time to automatically age up meaning there is time to have a party for them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My child sim woke early in the morning (4AM) to age up to teen then had a sad moodlet that their birthday was forgotten. The auto age up should be timed to the end of the day so they only get the sad moodlet if their birthday was actually not celebrated.
I have had this occur a few times but usually play with mods (MC Command Centre & Wonderful Whims are the only script mods), this time I saved and disabled mods when I noticed the birthday was about to happen, no change.

Message 1 of 13 (1,821 Views)

Re: Sim ages up early in the morning without birthday party

Hero
@SJWmama Could you test this on a new save that never had mods in to see if you have the same issue.

best to rename the user folder, then test a new save game (set aging to short) and see if the same happens.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,794 Views)

★ Apprentice

Today I had some time to play so I turned off mods and tested with a brand new save. The first sim in the household to age up was a toddler who aged up as soon as he woke in the morning, 5 AM. 

Message 3 of 13 (1,754 Views)

Hero
@SJWmama and you're sure the birthday wasn't the day before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,738 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, it was marked on the calendar for that day along with another birthday (I didn't keep playing once I saw the first sim was going to age up, the other sim with a birthday on that day was still asleep but didn't have an age up action in the queue). When I returned to my normal game (with mods turned back on) the next sim to have a birthday didn't show this problem.

I have a feeling that it may be the first sim to age up after changing lifespan settings. On my normal game I had used MC Command Centre to make a custom lifespan and the first sim with a birthday after that aged up early in the morning on the no mods game I switched to short lifespan and the first sim who had a birthday aged up in the early morning, the next one to age up (even though the birthday was on the same day) didn't seem to be affected.

Message 5 of 13 (1,724 Views)

Hero
@SJWmama If you mess around with the age settings, then yes, that cause Sims to age up cause their birthday isn't on the same day anymore.

To be sure, you did also change the age settings when you tested that new save with no mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (1,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes, the no mods game was started on long setting (as it kept settings from my normal game) I created a family with adults, teen, child, & 2 toddlers. After creating them in CAS I went into build mode to renovate a house to fit 7 sims, then went into settings to change to short lifespan. Both toddlers had their birthday on the same day and were the first to age up after playing for the normal number of sim days for short toddler lifestage. The bug only affected one of the 2 toddlers.

Message 7 of 13 (1,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SJWmama Could you try a save without changing the age settings ? I'm guessing that's the cause. you're essentially taking days away if you change from long to short so it's their birthday earlier as anticipated and they just age up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (1,662 Views)

★★ Guide

I had this occur with one of my sims. Life span was short from the beginning of the save (settings changed in previous save files). He was a premade sim, Tomax Colette from RoM. Previous day, he had the "1 day until age up" in the age bar. He woke up at 6am to age up from young adult to adult, followed by a sad moodlet for the missed birthday. Most of the sims I've been playing with seem to be able to get to their birthday cake, but since it happened, I've also been making birthday cakes for a birthday breakfast. XD

Message 9 of 13 (1,652 Views)

Hero
@thefailedbeta and this is on a save without mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,625 Views)