Re: Sim Won't Return from Walking Dog

by Gednaa

Original Post

Sim Won't Return from Walking Dog

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living University, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Real of Magic, Spa Day Bowling Night, Movie Night, Fitness, Laundry Day, Nifty Knitting, Perfect Patio, Spooky, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send dog on a walk with owner
What happens when the bug occurs? At first the game itself sort of glitched. All characters on the lot stopped any actions and stood still. I tried to get them to perform other actions and they wouldn't do anything. They just stood around. I closed the game and opened again to play. Now the sims which weren't walking seem fine-ish however the sim I was walking the dog with was still walking the dog and won't come home or do anything. There's also no actions in their current action panel so I can't cancel walking the dog either.
What do you expect to see? The dog walking to stop and the sim to be able to perform other actions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I sent my sim on a walk with a dog. Actions stopped working mid walk. I closed the game and reopened a day later. The sim was still on the dog walk but the action wasn't in the Sims current action queue to delete. Sim won't respond to any actions added to on deck queue and just stands there with dog on leash. Unleashing dog seemed to finally untether Sim from the action but I feel like maybe I shouldn't have to select this action.

Message 1 of 5 (1,573 Views)

Hero
@drewb1988 Which neighborhood are you playing in ? Does this happen every time you walk the dog or was it a one time thing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,563 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So far it’s only happened one time in Newcrest but it’s also the first time ive ever walked a dog.

Message 3 of 5 (1,548 Views)

Hero
@drewb1988 Could you test some other hoods as well as seeing if it happens again ? If it's a one time thing I wouldn't worry too much.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,522 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@drewb1988 I've found waling dogs a pain in Del Sol and Sulani.  I would imagine it's everywhere.  I've now had to delete my dogs as I felt bad they weren't getting their walks.  They had the independent trait so I could get a sim to let them out on their own, but this always leads to a trip to the vets a couple of sim days later.  I no longer feel I can play with dogs and I miss them terribly.  Little Miss Sam's mod is broken which I removed for interactable pets, but still my sim just stands there, or gets half way through the walk and stops to talk to another sim and stops walking the dog.  The dog stands there whimpering. This happens with all sims in different houses in two different worlds, so it must be an EA bug.  I hope they can fix it so we can have our dogs back.  Mine are in my library waiting eagerly for a walk!

Message 5 of 5 (1,503 Views)