Signed up for Territory War, but the event disappeared when Setup Phase started.

by CG_MindTricks

Original Post

Signed up for Territory War, but the event disappeared when Setup Phase started.

Community Manager (retired)

What?

What has been done:

• Reported posts were investigated but were unable to confirm via server logs.
  • We’ve attempted to reproduce it multiple times and were unsuccessful.

Additional information:

• While we’ve been unable to reproduce or confirm this potential issue, we are not excluding the possibility of a bug.
  • We are still on the lookout for any additional information which can help track this down.

What could potentially help:

• If you encountered this situation and can provide us with all of the following information, please post below:
    • Screenshot taken during the Preview Phase showing your Player Name as joined in the Active Member list of the TW (also included screenshot below showing the difference between members who signed up and who didn’t)
    • Ally Code
    • Date of the occurrence
  • Without the requested information, contributions to this thread will not be usable for this investigation.
TW sign up.PNG
Message 1 of 39 (2,841 Views)

Re: Signed up for Territory War, but the event disappeared when Setup Phase star

★★ Novice

Basicaly youre asking for each player to take a screenshot unknown whether the issue will affect them or not. To me it looks like serverside does not confirm you entering the tw whilst not updating same status to clientside. Thats why your logs wont ever show whats wrong. When tw starts clientside does what it should... display your status as unregistered with an empty event list.

Message 2 of 39 (2,765 Views)

Re: Signed up for Territory War, but the event disappeared when Setup Phase star

★★★ Novice
I never miss a TW and had the same issue. I joined and when the setup phase began it vanished. My guild won and I missed the rewards due to this issue. I spend money on this game but they are about to lose a long time devoted player unless this is resolved. I've had a few issues since I began playing in Dec 2016 and I have reported them. Like everyone else here, we are not trying to score free rewards but we'd like an explanation why TW vanished and cost us rewards. All the recent add ons and panic farming and now TW vanishes has me on the verge of leaving this game. For the record my guild had 3 members with this same TW vanishing issue and all 3 reported it.
Message 3 of 39 (2,722 Views)

★★★ Novice
"Screenshot taken during the Preview Phase showing your Player Name as joined in the Active Member list of the TW (also included screenshot below showing the difference between members who signed up and who didn’t)"

Tell me how to take a screenshot of an event I joined that vanished after I joined it? If you can tell me how to time travel I will gladly provide you with what you need
Message 4 of 39 (2,718 Views)

Hi Tim11968! So far, HighCommand and MindTricks have been reviewing the server logs (I.e. what the game records) for each player who has reported that they joined a territory war, but were removed. In each case the server logs never recorded those players actually ever joining the territory war.

Thus, the investigation is hoping that players will take screenshots of their guild’s tw registrations before the signup phase ends. Even a single instance where a guild had 50/50 registered at phase end, but results in fewer than 50 registered players during setup could provide the crack they need for the investigation.

That’s the help they are asking for, while they continue investigating as they can. I asked about 17 guilds that I associate with to check their registrations, and not one of them “lost” any players. I’ll continue repeating this data collection until the problem goes away.

If you leave your ally code, they should review your account as well, but I expect the logs will show you never actually registered.

My current theory is that so,times player clients “register”, but never send that registration to the server. Thus when those players leave the “signup window”, they are not actually on the list of joined players. In a situation like this, the player would have joined, but the servers would show nothing. A player with a screenshot of his registration that is not recognized by the server would go a long way towards supporting that hypothesis.

Sorry you missed out on this last tw! Frown

★★★ Novice
My alley code is 593-992-982
Even my guildmates asked why I joined but did not take part in the TW
Message 6 of 39 (2,655 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for taking this bug seriously, and for differentiating it from the greyed-out 'JOIN' button issue.

I just wanted to add that if you are persistent, help.EA.com might be able to compensate you if/when this bug affects you (note that is totally different people than are here at answers.EA.com), and share the value that I calculated out for the TW rewards (note that different guild strength tiers will have an effect on your rewards value). 

For my guild strength, missed TW rewards equate to 4790 crystals. 

I had 16 back-and-forth email exchanges with help.EA.com, where they initially offered me 500 crystals, dropped the offer to 100 crystals, then eventually just stopped replying to email.  I decided to call them, and was compensated 5,000 crystals for being bugged-out of 2 different TW events (early July & mid Sept).  That's about half of what I missed, but definitely better than nothing.  Do your homework before you call, and don't accept insulting offers.

I also now record video of signing up for TW's, even though I feel that it's a little bit of a silly ask.  If this happens to me a third time, I will catch it, and I will have proof. 

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

― George W. Bush

TW_value.JPG
Message 7 of 39 (2,611 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is the 2nd time that this has happend. The first was with TB and it NEVER appeared. I message you and soon after I was added. Since then, everythibg was smooth sailing...until today.

I entered and signed up for the new TW yesterday. In fact, I entered multiple times out of figgiting or out of curiousity to see if the battle had begun.  Im a looong time player, so this is something I have done manay many times.

What was different this time is that I signed up and once the setup process started it just went blank. All it says is "Guild Activities". Something is clearly wrong.

I use a Note5 Samsung device. I reset my game at least twice suring this period of time because my phone died. Please add to the battle or distribute the rewards to us players who were affected. And PLEASE fix this problem!!! Thanks

Message 8 of 39 (2,529 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It‘s the first time for me. A guildmember had this  problem, too.

I joined, the screen jumped to the map, but now there is no guild event for me.

Message 9 of 39 (2,507 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I had my guild mates say I joined this last territory war, I know for a fact I did. When the preview phase ended, nothing. I had no signs of a territory war active. This is the October 18th I’m concerned about. This is the third time this has happened to me. That’s a lot of rewards I am missing and I’m not happy.. been an active player since Nov 2015! Ally code is 868-254-721
Message 10 of 39 (2,443 Views)