Re: Signed up for Territory War, but the event disappeared when Setup Phase star

by GladOS-013

Original Post

Signed up for Territory War, but the event disappeared when Setup Phase started.

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Iphone 7
OS Version 12.0.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 226747416
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug Joined TW, even entered the map to check commands, but next day the event disappeared. I know for sure I joined, so this is a game bug.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is a known issue for many people.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Hungary

Joined TW, even entered the map to check commands, but next day the event disappeared. I know for sure I joined, so this is a game bug.

Message 1 of 9 (411 Views)

Re: Signed up for Territory War, but the event disappeared when Setup Phase star

★★★ Newbie
Exact same thing has happened to me, now I won’t get any rewards even though I joined
Message 2 of 9 (380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve got the same issue as well as a few of my guildmates

Message 3 of 9 (365 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Axs4227Sxa882 Hey, I checked your account and our records show you didn't join the currently active Territory War.

Message 4 of 9 (349 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, As far as I know we cannot enter the territory map without joining. I'm 100% sure I went into the map to see if any of our officers have set commands already, to see if I need to set it myself. The game is also showing me as I didn't join...that is what I'm reporting, that there is a bug in the system. So I guess since your records show otherwise, we need to take screenshots every time even if there seems to be no actual issue with the game? That is just absurd.

Message 5 of 9 (341 Views)

There used to be a high prevalence of similar reports with Territory War. A couple of months ago, there was a patch that introduced some fixes to reduce this.

One way you should be able to verify that the game registered your "join" is by leaving the TW and returning to the sign-up window. If your name is on the list of joined players, then that list should have been queried from the game server, so should only have you on the list if the game recorded your "join."

In the meantime, hopefully the server engineers can keep investigating ways to continue reducing this issue.

★ Novice

I understand that the process you described can verify if my join is registered on the game server at the moment I'm checking. But still nothing guarantees it for me that after 24h when the defence setting phase starts, it will still be there, and I'll be able to play. Nevermind I just find it upsetting that I never missed a single TW since I've been in my guild, and when I report that there is a problem, the reply is that I made a mistake. That's not customer support, that's blaming the functionality issue of the game on the customers.

Thanks for the possible check though @GladOS-013!

Message 7 of 9 (320 Views)

★★ Guide
Best bet is to take a screen grab every time just in case.
Message 8 of 9 (312 Views)

Hey, just wanted to clarify on behalf of MindTricks. He didn't say you "made a mistake." He said their logs show you never signed up.

As with the previous investigation, I believe there are situations in which a player's device doesn't send the signal to the server, so it never gets logged. It is an issue, for sure, but it doesn't mean that the operator made a mistake. You may have clicked Join, but it wasn't accepted by the game for whatever reason (server glitch, poor internet signal, etc).

You can't be added to a TW after the fact, because matchmaking took your absence into account. It's unfortunate, but it wouldn't be fair to your guild's opponents to slot you in after the join period ended.

Reporting occurrences here can help identify an issue so it can be reviewed and hopefully resolved in the future.