Re: Signed up for Territory War, but the event disappeared when Setup Phase star

by MinoP09

Original Post

Re: Signed up for Territory War, but the event disappeared when Setup Phase star

★ Novice

This could be very easily a UX issue.  Perhaps it looks like one has joined but it requires further confirmation or clicks.  The fact that there is no log evidence does not mean that the problem is not happening.  If the interface is confusing that is still a game issue.  The devs should look into this, because too many people are reporting this. Proper customer service would be to take these reports at face value and not put the burden on proof on dedicated players that are simply frustrated by missing one of the most rewarding events.  If you can't reproduce the issue despite numerous reports from players all over the world, either you are looking in the wrong place or not trying hard enough.

Message 31 of 39 (1,021 Views)

[ Edited ]

There have been many threads discussing these similar issues, and the customer service feedback has always been the same: take the report at face value and investigate.

Given four conditions that I have observed:
1) The number of reports of this is very small compared to the total # of players
2) Every investigation has resulted in a conclusion that the players never joined
3) Every player who has come here and complained has begun scrutinizing their "join" and never had a recurrence.
4) I have asked multiple alliances to similarly scrutinize their guild sign-ups, and we have observed 0 instances.

The conclusion via Occam's Razor is therefore that each of these occurrences is actually operator error - the player likely forgot, or misclicked. (I think that the grayed out "Join" button is a likely contributor to tricking players into believing they have joined)

So the Developers can either spend a bunch of time and resource hunting down a bug that may or may not exist - or they can continue focusing their resources on game improvements and confirmed bugs & issues.

I *believe* that the possibility certainly exists that the Player Client and Server got out of sync - but so far it's just a theory because there is 0 evidence to support the theory. That's what the screenshot request is for in the original post - it would provide evidence to support that theory, which could drive Dev resources to work on it.

★ Novice

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Let me offer some counterarguments:

1. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. This problem could be greatly underreported simply due to the fact that it is difficult to be sure that the join went through and a lot of people simply don't bother reporting issues. Additionally, this logic only further aggravates the frustration of the dedicated players who invest a lot of time in the game and actually do care enough to report the issue.

2,3, and 4: If, as it seems, you have concluded (and I actually agree) that the user interface is confusing and results in some players missing out in events, that seems like a design issue to me rather than user error, and should be addressed.

If this issue is considered too low impact to fix, which again is arguable since it clearly affects dedicated players, who are essential to the success and longevity of the game, at the very least it should be flagged as a known problem and documented so people can avoid running into it.

The way the bug report is currently documented is confusing and not helpful.

Message 33 of 39 (990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i've had this happen 3 times now. i join the TW and when it goes to setup phase its gone completely. i have check with other members and they all are in it and progressing. So its not # of members. Are they working on this fix, 3 times is ridiculous. 

Message 34 of 39 (981 Views)

Hey @SuperLopez70 !  

I understand #1 for sure.  I don't make decisions about what gets investigated, I am just trying to convey the current situation as I best understand it.  Standard smile  Every bug is frustrating to users who experience it, and this board is full of players insisting that "their bug" get fixed immediately.  If this issue truly is very widespread, the Devs and QA Support need to hear about it more - so that resources can be appropriately divided.  Right now, it appears to be very low frequency (and potentially based on user error, not actually a game bug), so the impetus to make changes would be low.  

Please note - I am not defending that position, just explaining why it's the likely scenario.  It's entirely possible that there is an army of developers furiously working on this problem, but we don't usually hear about in-progress bug fixes - we just see when they are fixed in patch notes.  

I am very surprised that the "grayed out" Join button has been left untouched for months.  At one point, it made it on the "Known Issues" forum list, but seems to be largely forgotten.  

@mkingan Can you provide your ally code so that HighCommand or MindTricks could view your account activity and see what happened?

From today's patch notes!
"Addressed an issue where players who had joined the TW were removed once the Setup Phase started."

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me on the TW that started on 11/26.  I signed up and then when I went to set defenses on 11/27, the TW was gone.  I know I signed up because I had developed 1 character to gear 12 and 4 characters to gear 11 and waited to join until after I made these improvements.  I thought it was very weird that the guild event was just gone, but did not realize that this was a bug.  My ally code is 342-648-176 and I am in a guild called the Frequent Fighters.  May I please receive the rewards that my guild earned for this event?  I am attaching an image that I sent to my guild on discord back on 11/27.  Please let me know if I need to fill out a ticket for this.  Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 2.22.29 PM.png
Message 38 of 39 (870 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, im hitting the very same issue, kindly assist, thanks

Screenshot_20200210-213710_Chrome.jpg
Message 39 of 39 (504 Views)