Re: Signed up for Territory War, but the event disappeared when Setup Phase star

by eli6720

Original Post

Re: Signed up for Territory War, but the event disappeared when Setup Phase star

★★★ Newbie

I have had this happen to me this TW just gone. I wasn't aware of a potential bug with the registration phase so I never took screenshots. My guild are currently smashing this TW so will more than likely win and I'm going to miss out on the rewards! If this is known to have happened to multiple players then why isn't there a notification in game?

Nobody will take screenshots if they don't know it's an issue!

Message 21 of 39 (709 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi all i missed the last TW because of this same issue. today's date 11/11/18 my ally code is, 355 937 869 RollingWitch5776 and my User is Katchiro. this is happening regardless of OS

and device as you can see it is running on a Windows with Memu emulator and it did work previously on this unit. it also is experienced on my Phone and tablet both Samsung Note and

Samsung TAB A with S pen.

TW Back in Play plus added to giuld.jpg
TW in Play.jpg
TW preview phase.jpg
Message 22 of 39 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I missed two TW (iPhone X, iOS 12.1, ally code 257-232-593)... I can't tell exactly when. But could it be related to the switch of the daylight saving time? I'm living in Switzerland and the TW now starts an hour later. Maybe something was screwed up with the countdown of the TW and the new start time...

I will observe this issue and tell you maybe more in 31 minutes when the next TW I signed-up will start.

EDIT:

Today there was no problem with TW signup. Confused 

Message 23 of 39 (601 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I joined, but no TW for me! 

Another lost TW despite joining! :-(

Message 24 of 39 (587 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have now missed two TW events with associated rewards. Now I find this page and find Im required to take screenshots of the bug in action. So I’m going to miss a third TW and probably be booted out of my guild? This is not good enough guys. We pay to play this game. 

I will I’ll wait for the third missed TW and take the screenshots, but I’m expecting some major compensation for the loss of trust. 

Message 25 of 39 (557 Views)

As far as I know, MindTricks or HighCommand has investigated many of the players who reported signing up and yet being excluded. In all cases except one, the server logs (the official game record) shows those players having never registered at all.

The reason they are asking for screenshots is to see if they can identify a single incident where a player has a confirmed "You are in the TW" entry, and yet the server logs never recorded that entry. A single instance like that could confirm a specific theory about this issue, which would be that the player client isn't always sending the signal to the server.

My recommendation to check yourself is to register early, and then check again the next morning. You checking later will cause your client to pull the registration list from the server, and if the server doesn't "see" you on the list, then it will report you (accurately) as not being in the TW.

That's the intent behind the request. I'm unsure what back-end investigations the software or server engineers are doing, but that's the most likely scenario that's been discussed on these forums so far.

★★ Guide
So this happened to me last TW, and nobody from EA would give me an answer. Completely ignored me.
Message 27 of 39 (521 Views)

★★ Guide
The only downfall of the screengrab idea, is who actually thinks about taking one in the off chance that it boots you out? I did for the one that started today, just in case. I grow weary of loosing rewards.
Message 28 of 39 (511 Views)

Hi @taxingpear94 ! Unfortunately at this time, there are no "answers" to give. As the original post in this thread says, EA has been unable to reproduce this issue. Each time they have checked server logs, the missing players show as having never registered. I am unaware of a single instance where a registered player was "unregistered" when the War shifted from "Preview phase" to "Setup phase."

I am not an EA or CG employee, so I can't speak to a lack of communication from their side, but I don't remember seeing you post about an issue with the last war. The only post of yours I see on this thread is from 3 weeks ago when you were reporting this issue for a guildmate of yours.

While the investigation continues, I strongly urge all guild officers to review their guild's TW registrations. If your officers can see members registered, then we have no confirmed instances where that registration is subsequently lost.

Sorry you missed out on the last war, and hopefully it won't happen again!

★★ Guide
I took a screen grab just in case. As for communication, I would rather get an I dont know than silence. Kinda douchey on their part. Shows a lack of concern for their costumer base.
Thank you for your response. As for my issue, it is farther down the tread than my comment about my guildmates issue.
Message 30 of 39 (495 Views)