Re: Shower/Tub Combos look clean even when dirty

by crinrict

Original Post

Shower/Tub Combos look clean even when dirty

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a combo Shower/tub on the lot. Wait until it gets "dirty", or turn on testingcheats and use the Make Dirty command.
What happens when the bug occurs? The shower/tub combo looks visually clean even when "dirty." It can be cleaned, but the dirty state looks exactly like the clean state.
What do you expect to see? The shower/tub combo to look dirty when it is dirty.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 5 (1,151 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm on console (Xbox One X) and I've seen this before too. The first time I did this I was curious as to what the shower/bath combo would look like dirty (and used the Make Dirty cheat). In case it matters, I had only base game at the time, if I remember correctly (by base game I mean just the game and the Holiday Celebration pack, probably before I had Ghoulish Guitar and Cool Kitchen).

Message 2 of 5 (1,123 Views)

Hero
@Pegasyms Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (1,110 Views)

Bathtub/Shower can't get dirty

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a shower, tub, or shower/tub dirty (through gameplay or cheats).
What happens when the bug occurs? The object isn't visibly dirty, but will count as dirty (cheat available to "make clean," aspiration milestones involving dirty objects count it)
What do you expect to see? A visual indication of when the object is clean vs when it is dirty.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I originally was playing this on a haunted house lot with all the lot challenges, including the filthy challenge, but taking that challenge off and changing to a normal residential didn't fix the issue. I haven't tested this on every shower or tub. I was having the issue with both the "Under the Sea Clawfoot Tub with Shower" and the "Sheer Will Clawfoot Tub."

Message 4 of 5 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I also have this issue and have had it for a very long time now. So I was surprised to see this bug report only has 3 'me too' at this moment. It is a very annoying bug. Eventually you find out the shower-tub is dirty either by a sim getting a uncomfortable moodlet or by clicking the object and seeing the option to 'polish to perfection'. But I much rather just SEE it is dirty, like how it used to work and how it works with all the other plumbing objects. Also, if your sim is neat, the option to clean it (polish to perfection) is always there, also when the tub is clean, so then finding out is even more difficult. Hope this gets fixed someday...

Message 5 of 5 (563 Views)