Re: The showdown problem is real.

by Xdegenerate1075

Original Post

Showdown Win Showing Up as Forfeit/Loss

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: NBA Live Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
Summarize your bug It used to be that if you closed your game during a Showdown match, you forfeited the match. With the recent update, now when this happens you can resume the match. This is a terrible idea!! As you might expect, people are using this to cheat; they pause and force-close the app before their opponent scores, then resume the game. I have to ask, why would EA do this? We already went through this in Season 1, and it was awful. The change was implemented to auto-forfeit when you close the app during a match to PREVENT such cheating (sometime around December 2016). EA has essentially rolled back this update to the detriment of the game. PLEASE fix this before it's too late and Showdown is ruined!
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Showdown and force close the app, restart and resume your game.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can stop the game whenever you want, then resume the match on an inbound play with the score preserved. If you're a higher OVR than your opponent you'll even get possession of the ball. How convenient!
What do you expect to see? Go back to the old method where closing the app results in a forfeit. It's unfortunate that you lose a couple of matches due to network failures, but it's far better than propagating a rise in cheating, right?

Summarize your bug It used to be that if you closed your game during a Showdown match, you forfeited the match. With the recent update, now when this happens you can resume the match. This is a terrible idea!! As you might expect, people are using this to cheat; they pause and force-close the app before their opponent scores, then resume the game. I have to ask, why would EA do this? We already went through this in Season 1, and it was awful. The change was implemented to auto-forfeit when you close the app during a match to PREVENT such cheating (sometime around December 2016). EA has essentially rolled back this update to the detriment of the game. PLEASE fix this before it's too late and Showdown is ruined!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Showdown and force close the app, restart and resume your game.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can stop the game whenever you want, then resume the match on an inbound play with the score preserved. If you're a higher OVR than your opponent you'll even get possession of the ball. How convenient!
What do you expect to see? Go back to the old method where closing the app results in a forfeit. It's unfortunate that you lose a couple of matches due to network failures, but it's far better than propagating a rise in cheating, right?

Message 2 of 15 (5,631 Views)

Showdown

★ Novice
What the hell is up with showdown. You win the game 24-10 and wait a bit to find out that you lose.

How does it work?
Message 1 of 15 (5,368 Views)

Showdown Cheating

★ Apprentice

Showdown players are now cheating by force-closing and resuming their matches. This is after EA "updated" the game so that closing/crashing during a match no longer results in a forfeit. Anyone who played the game in the beginning of season 1 remembers that all matches used to be like this, and it was awful. Cheating was more rampant then than it ever was during this season. EA implemented auto-forfeit to fix it. Now they've inexplicably rolled it back.

EA, please come to your senses and fix this before Showdown is ruined!

Message 3 of 15 (5,571 Views)

Forfeited on Showdown

★★★ Newbie
Studio game was change it to be good rules, but why it back again to be bad rules??? I was asked to studio game to give a once chance if players was disturbed when playing showdown cause by lost internet connection or force close, and they was do it as I want. And why back to bad rules again?????
It's been a month more and which changes do I want ????? I AM REALLY UPSET!!!? Twice in a row I lost fans because of unchanged forfeiting rules !!!! I can not believe you really intend to change it !!!!
I asked for an answer from one game developer person not from customer services, I ask you to bring the answer from a game developer or Adrian Bardasu or Tom Atwood!!!
I hope Studio Game or Adrian Bardasu or Tom Atwood give us an answers. I don't want accept an answer from customer experience, because they answer are so bad and they don't give a clear answer!!! And, I think EA is not transparency about they work to solve a case from player compliantGame studio has turned it into a good rule, but why is it back to being a bad rule ??? I once asked the gaming studio to give me a chance once players get distracted when playing confrontations caused by missing or forced internet connections, and they do it the way I want it. And why go back to bad rule again ?????
It's been a month more and which changes do I want ????? I REALLY GET !!! Twice in a row I lost my fans because the unchanged rules are gone !! I can not believe you really intend to change it !!!!
I'm asking for an answer from one game developer not from customer service, I ask you to bring an answer from game developer or Adrian Bardasu or Tom Atwood !!!
I hope Studio Game or Adrian Bardasu or Tom Atwood give us the answer. I do not want to receive answers from customer experience, because their answers are so bad and they do not give a clear answer !!! And, I think EA is not transparent about them working to solve cases / problems
Message 4 of 15 (5,055 Views)

Showdown result is wrong.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Summarize your bug Showdown Match result is wrong. Instead of win its turned into loss. Please examine matchup and Opponent. Maybe he is a Cheater.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Analyze Match Data. I have won 23 : 9. In game History its turned into loss 9:23.
What happens when the bug occurs? Showdown result is wrong. Instead of win its a loss.
What do you expect to see? A win and full Fans reward

Analyse matchup Data shown in Screenshot against [Removed - Admin.] I Support ist a Cheater or game bug

Message 5 of 15 (4,978 Views)

Re: Showdown result is wrong.

Community Manager

@raddebande 

Please do not name any player you suspect may be cheating, this is called "Naming and Shaming" and is not allowed on Answers HQ.

If you suspect a player may be playing unfairly you can use the steps detailed at the following link to report them.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

barry.png
Message 6 of 15 (4,937 Views)

Re: Showdown result is wrong.

★★★★ Novice

The showdown problem is real. I've had quite a few different match turns end, then magically I am declared a loss by "forfeit" It's strange that less than 30 minutes after the open of a new Showdown tournament on Monday morning, you have a leader-board with 300k fans? I've got a powerful mobile device and lots of experience and higher quality well fitting teams, but even with straight back to back games can't seem to get 1,2,or 300k that fast.

With the thousands of dollars some of us contribute to this platform, we expect much fairer and transparent play. What is EA doing about it in this game? As a stockholder I scratch my head and sometimes and wonder why I invest in this company still, when some of the basic requirements for excellent customer experience is ignored.

Please direct me to someone who can actually give us an honest non-scripted answer.

Thanks.  

Message 7 of 15 (4,816 Views)

The showdown problem is real.

★★★★ Novice

The showdown problem is real. I've had quite a few different match turns end, then magically I am declared a loss by "forfeit" It's strange that less than 30 minutes after the open of a new Showdown tournament on Monday morning, you have a leader-board with 300k fans? I've got a powerful mobile device and lots of experience and higher quality well fitting teams, but even with straight back to back games can't seem to get 1,2,or 300k that fast.

With the thousands of dollars some of us contribute to this platform, we expect much fairer and transparent play, or that if the above scenario is a glitch, that it be fixed expediently.

What is EA doing about it in this game? As a stockholder I scratch my head and sometimes and wonder why I invest in this company still, when some of the basic requirements for excellent customer experience is ignored.

Please direct me to someone who can actually give us an honest non-scripted answer.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 15 (4,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@carwing17While Theyre at it, stop ignoring our reports of the AI being stupidly too over powering and given unfair advantages preventing them from being beat.

Ive got players with over 100 3pt% missing every uncontested open 3 pointers that's saying it's a perfect shot, yet the damn AI is knocking in anything from anywhere 100% of the time, with under 60% ratings.

There is no fair game play balance anymore. 

Its become that annoying and frustrating I'm just about ready to delete this poorly programmed app for good. 

Message 9 of 15 (4,831 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I sympathize with your desire for an EA response, although I don't have that particular problem. Good luck to us both. 

Message 10 of 15 (4,814 Views)