[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD 5700xt
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Eshshshshs
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. In game
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Shooting enemy
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Not sure
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Clear shots on the target end up as a miss.
What should be happening instead? Enemy should take damage
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go play the game.

Here is a video of me shooting a person close range with Eva.

You can slow down the video and see that the first couple of shots are clear misses or might have registered a very partial hit but the last two for me seem like clearest hipfire shots on target, yet 0! damage: https://youtu.be/io5UXU1J2o0

I am experiencing this issue in Season 10 exclusively or at least I am noticing that more, other cases unfortunately are not filmed.

Message 1 of 10 (4,102 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Shots not registering

Community Manager

Hey @Eshshshss I took a look at the video in slow motion and your shots are not on target. You are missing the other player almost every time you shoot.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (4,069 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Eshshshss I took a look at the video in slow motion and your shots are not on target. You are missing the other player almost every time you shoot.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (4,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_Darkoare you kidding me?!

Here are 3 screenshots - sorry quality is not ideal but given the game's visual clutter in fights and my recording/youtube's compression it is what it is:

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png

Nr.3 might be a partial hit - 7 damage usually - but the other two just can't be a miss.

In all 3 cases you can see:

- mussel flash is on = I have pressed the shoot button

- my crosshair outline is highlighted

- so is the enemy's model outline, in two cases actually Seer's ultimate adds rhomboid on top of that = there is no doubt where the model is

Or then I have to ask what can be trusted in this game dynamics if close range shotgun fight with cross-hair on target does not deliver at least partial hit...aka how bad is synchronization between back end hit registry and front end animations, or how bad actually is shotgun spread Frown

Message 3 of 10 (4,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is your crosshair placement on every frame the gun fires, or the frame just before, half the shots aren't on target and the other half are not near dead-center, and even if you were 100% dead center the accuracy of the crosshair is wider than the shot-spread of the eva8
shot1.png
shot2.pngshot3.pngshot4.png
shot5.pngshot6.png

Message 4 of 10 (4,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@bidaummthanks for the effort making better screenshots Standard smile

But what about then the screenshot nr.5, like there you can clearly see the cross-hair is on the target + target has been Seer scanned and has additional markings (assuming showing center of the hitbox)...how can that be a miss?

And I would then want to get back to the question what in this game can be trusted?! Basically if what you say is true disabling crosshair would be as accurate as current mode...

No wonder people are using 3rd party apps to ensure actually accurate cross-hair (read screen center) displayed in the game, because this clip/experience for me is way off or do I just need to try NOT to hit my shots so they actually hit / only 100% way is the way of pushing into people's faces what many do to be sure of a hit :/

Message 5 of 10 (4,029 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Eshshshss there is nothing more that we can add here, your video when slowed down clearly shows that you were not on target when shooting.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 10 (4,000 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
Message 7 of 10 (3,995 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Eshshshss when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

Your video clearly shows that your shots are not on target which is why they are not registering. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (3,993 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Darko please post the detailed "book of politeness" as so far we are discussing a very subjective matter.

As for your reply - it does not elaborate on my question how come shots that are aligned - cursor, Seer's scan, mussel flash be off the target. Even in the post that @bidaumm made there is a picture of this alignment. Yet the answer is "not you are just blind, there is a miss"...

It would be great if a person who knows the mechanics of the game then would explain in detail why this shot is not registered not just some forum admin say "nope...next post" that is far from being constructive feedback.
Message 9 of 10 (3,985 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Eshshshss I'm going to lock this thread as we are going around in circles.

You can find the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage

Your video when watched back clearly shows that your shots are not on target, even with the one close to its target you have to remember that the spread of a shotgun means that being on target or close to it with a shotgun is different to other guns. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (3,979 Views)