Shock Operations Revive/Pause Error

by sike1779

Original Post

End of Round screen appeared after I pressed the ESC key and the game hanged

★★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug End of Round screen appeared after I pressed the ESC key and the game hanged right after the "Next Round Starts" timer ran out. Please note that the bug does not occur all the time. I attached DxDiag and a screenshot.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Boot Battlefield 1 2. Join a server on Shock Operations - Giant's Shadow map 3. Press ESC key several times
What happens when the bug occurs? End of Round screen appeared after I pressed the ESC key and the game hanged right after the "Next Round Starts" timer ran out.
Please select your region Europe
In what game mode did the bug occur? Operations
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB

Summarize your bug End of Round screen appeared after I pressed the ESC key and the game hanged right after the "Next Round Starts" timer ran out. Please note that the bug does not occur all the time. I attached DxDiag and a screenshot.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Boot Battlefield 1 2. Join a server on Shock Operations - Giant's Shadow map 3. Press ESC key several times
What happens when the bug occurs? End of Round screen appeared after I pressed the ESC key and the game hanged right after the "Next Round Starts" timer ran out.
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB

Message 1 of 11 (2,232 Views)

Re: End of Round screen appeared after I pressed the ESC key and the game hanged

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah me too, the End of Round screen ESC key bug. i got it already two times, also my friend got too.

Message 2 of 11 (2,164 Views)

Re: End of Round screen appeared after I pressed the ESC key and the game hanged

I've noticed that once on PS4 as well, as i pressed the "options" putton right after joining.

But as i waited a bit after joining that the Game has some more time to load in, then it all worked well when i pressed the "options" button. Standard smile 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 3 of 11 (2,160 Views)

★★★★ Guide
i have same issue similar with that, but not like ur case, however, my solution is not to press any key in the end of round in u situation, u can quit in next map start.

remember, dont press any key in the screen like "continues" or ur case, "quit" too ( my case is on "continues"),
Message 4 of 11 (2,152 Views)

Shock Operations Revive/Pause Error

★★★ Newbie

Summarize your bug Pausing game whilst waiting for revive in new Shock Operation Mode causes the game to think the round is over.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get killed in Shock Operations, whilst waiting for revive, press the ESC key. Possibly as defender.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game shows the end of game screen with no round information in the middle area and gives you the option to quit.
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

I have described my fault in description

Message 5 of 11 (2,168 Views)

End of round screen appears in killcam

★★★ Newbie

Summarize your bug The end of round screen appears after death. I'm not sure why, although it might be caused by hitting the Escape-button while waiting for revive or deployment (killcam). I've only encountered this in Shock Operations (not sure if it happens in normal op.), as it even counts down towards the next operation, however nothing happens after the countdown.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Shock Operations, hit the ESC-button as you're in the killcam.
What happens when the bug occurs? The End of Round-screen appears in the killcam, as the game is still in progress.
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8

There is no audio in the clip because I had some background noise, but there were no audio issues in-game. 

Message 6 of 11 (2,122 Views)

Unescapable end of round screen overlay during round

★★★ Newbie

Summarize your bug Stuck in end of round screen when attempting to view menu after having joined just before the end of a round
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Join a game (observed in shock operations) just before the round ends, such that you are connected but haven't spawned before a team wins/loses 2. Wait for the next map to load, spawn as normal 3. Press Esc as if to see the menu screen 4. You are now stuck in a blank end of round screen and cannot properly return to the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of the menu being displayed, a blank end of round screen is displayed. There are no scores listed and the quit button is non functional. The esc key does not return the player to normal display. The player remains connected and the battle can be seen to be continuing through the 'blur' of the end of round screen. Audio behaves as normal. Some ui interaction such as selecting squads is sometimes possible but the view is obscured by the end of round screen acting as an overlay.
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Geforce GTX 1050ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

Nb. I have selected operations in the game mode drop down but I have only observed this to affect shock operations.

Message 7 of 11 (2,089 Views)

Svar: End of Round screen appeared after I pressed the ESC key and the game hang

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the report! @OffsetYRN21 

This have happened to me, I had to restart the game to solve it. It’s a supper annoying bug. 

I sent this report on to the team, thanks. 😊

/Atic

Message 8 of 11 (2,053 Views)

Svar: End of Round screen appeared after I pressed the ESC key and the game hang

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

No problem! @EA_Atic I hope this bug will be solved quickly. Thank you for sending this to the team! Standard smile

Message 9 of 11 (2,048 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Me too, for a year. Guess they will not fix any bugs while making BFV. Which is going to have bugs that stay for two years as well. And then we have BF6 already.
Message 10 of 11 (1,930 Views)