Ships turn order are not correct.

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy A50
OS Version Android 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 716-141-443
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Ships turn order are not correct. Case 1. My fleet: Chimaera (151), Imperial TIE (204), Umbaran (198), Hounds Tooth (140).              Enemy: Negotiator (189), ETA-2 (189), Ashoka Starfighter (198), Hounds Tooth (149). First my Imperial TIE attacks Ashoka and get foresight. Enemy's Hounds get 25% TM (187). Ashoka lose protection and ETA-2 get bonus turn and use AOE. Because of TIE foresight, TIE evade AOE and Chimaera get 50% TM (226). Chimaera is next and I use "Calculated strike" ability and target Hounds Tooth at (187) , because I do not want to trigger next 25% TM on enemy's Hounds Tooth. I expect my Umbaran or enemy's Ashoka is next. But not, enemy's Hounds Tooth is always next after Chimaera ? Case 2: I use Endurance (150) Instead of Chimaera (151). Everything else are the same. First my Imperial TIE attacks Ashoka and get foresight. Enemy Hounds get 25% TM (187). Ashoka lose protection and ETA-2 get bonus turn and use AOE. Because of TIE foresight, TIE evade AOE and Endurance get 25% TM (187). Endurance is always the next ?? I proceed with "Hold fast" ability of Endurance, which is the passive ability, trying not to trigger next 25% TM on enemy's Hounds Tooth. But not, enemy's Hounds Tooth is always next after Endurance?? So I can't manage my Umbaran to get turn as second fastest ship, or maybe enemy's Ashoka . Conclusion: 1. It looks that Imperial TIE gives 50% TM to capital ship even Endurance is not empire capital ship. 2. Enemy's Hounds Tooth always get 25% TM even if you target him or use passive ability of capital ship that not affect any enemy's ship. Very, very big BUG !!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to play with same ships.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Serbia

Ask if you want video. I did not have one, but will manage one.

Message 1 of 10 (619 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ships turn order are not correct.

@SrkiSrbija Hey, thanks for the report!

I’m order to help explain what’s happening, we need to get into the math of “turn meter.” When you say the Hound Tooth gains 25% turn meter, you are adding 25% to its speed value, but that is incorrect, and the reason yo7 believe it’s not working correctly.

The fastest unit is the TIE fighter at 204 speed. It has traveled 100% of the turn meter bar at a speed of 204, while hound tooth was traveling at 149. That means that in the time it took the tie to reach 100%, Hound’s tooth has filled up 149/204 = 73% of its turn meter bar.

In the same time, your Umbaran starfighter has gained 198/204 = 97% turn meter.

Now, when your tie fighter attacked Ashoka, the Hound Tooth gained 25% turn meter. 73% + 25% = 98% turn meter.

See how now it’s ahead of the Umbaran and Ashoka? You can’t just change it’s speed value and assume that’s the new turn order. Once units advance their turn meter, Hound Tooth has a shorter tm distance to travel, so reaches 100% first.

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (494 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@SrkiSrbijaI have experienced the same. No matter what I do, enemy HT gains the 25% TM despite the description that clearly states the HT gains TM when "another ally takes damage" I have done mirror matches where all ships are same, but my toons are better geared and so all my ships have better speed. I target his HT first with Eta2, and the next turn is by his HT, when it should be by his Eta2. This bug has cost me several GAC wins because I am reliant on my HT for offense.

Message 2 of 10 (519 Views)

@SrkiSrbija Hey, thanks for the report!

I’m order to help explain what’s happening, we need to get into the math of “turn meter.” When you say the Hound Tooth gains 25% turn meter, you are adding 25% to its speed value, but that is incorrect, and the reason yo7 believe it’s not working correctly.

The fastest unit is the TIE fighter at 204 speed. It has traveled 100% of the turn meter bar at a speed of 204, while hound tooth was traveling at 149. That means that in the time it took the tie to reach 100%, Hound’s tooth has filled up 149/204 = 73% of its turn meter bar.

In the same time, your Umbaran starfighter has gained 198/204 = 97% turn meter.

Now, when your tie fighter attacked Ashoka, the Hound Tooth gained 25% turn meter. 73% + 25% = 98% turn meter.

See how now it’s ahead of the Umbaran and Ashoka? You can’t just change it’s speed value and assume that’s the new turn order. Once units advance their turn meter, Hound Tooth has a shorter tm distance to travel, so reaches 100% first.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@GladOS-013You are talking about what you think or someone from EA told you so, or you red it from somewhere?
 Actually you said that HT gains 25% TM of the fastest ship? Where is that from?

Message 4 of 10 (459 Views)

@SrkiSrbija He didn't say that.

As the fastest ship is the TIE Figher at 204 and goes first, we can use these numbers to extrapolate the TM the rest of the ships had at the start of the battle.

Speed and TM are two different things. In your example you have incorrectly added the gained TM of Hound's Tooth to its speed. GladOS-013's calculations demonstrate how to correctly work it out.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 10 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@ChristophIVYes he said exactly that. If you add 25% of TIE speed (51) to HT speed (149) you will get that HT has 200 speed (98% of TIE TM).

It  looks that before each fight I have to take calculator and get some calculations to realize turn order.

Message 6 of 10 (426 Views)

@SrkiSrbija wrote:

Yes he said exactly that. If you add 25% of TIE speed (51) to HT speed (149) you will get that HT has 200 speed (98% of TIE TM).
This method is totally inconsistent because the turn order depends on how much is the fastest ship faster then the rest.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say. 

@GladOS-013 wrote:

With all due respect, I did NOT say exactly that, so please don’t misquote me.  Your entire premise hinges upon adding 25% of the Ht speed when another ship takes damage, but HT speed never changes. If you take a video of this fight and watch the “turn meter” bars very closely, you will see the turn meter bar under HT instantly fill up an additional 25% when Anakin attacks. This addition has nothing to do with speed. 

where speed comes in is calculating how much of the tm bar was filled up before the attack. Everyone’s tm bar is the same range of 0-100%. The speed is relative rate at which ships fill up the tm bar.  

Let’s take a simple example. If you have two units, one at 200 speed and one at 100 speed, the 200 speed unit will fill up its tm bar first, and the slower unit will be at exactly 50% turn meter in the same amount of time. If it uses an ability that grants the slower ship 50% tm, the slower ship will then be at 100% tm (50% + 50% = 100%), it will NOT be at 150 speed.

These calculations become very difficult to track when there are 8-12 ships on screen, some of which are impacting turn meter and others are not. Rather than getting a calculator, just gear up your Fives a bit more to boost his ship’s speed a few more points, and it should still go before Ht in this situation. 

★★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 you seem to know what you are talking about and have addressed the original post well. However, the one part that was NOT addressed is when HT gains TM when it is targeted and not any of its allies.
Can you please address this issue? thank you.
Message 8 of 10 (388 Views)

@furyousgeorge74 It’s not happening. The idea that HT is gaining tm when it’s damaged was based on the calculations that Ht had less tm than the faster ships.

I showed that the 25% tm gain actually puts HT ahead of the other ships, so targeting it makes no change to tm....but since it’s ahead it goes next anyway.

@furyousgeorge74 Your issue that you mention in this thread is different to the original report. Make a separate bug report for it please.

Include any videos or screenshots you have of this occurring. Personally I have never seen Hound's Tooth gain TM from its unique incorrectly. The only time I see it increase outside of that unique is when the Umbaran Starfighter (Fives's ship) hits it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 10 (353 Views)