Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Ship Ability Material Omega(Gold) missing.

by Wilbur691
Reply

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ship Ability Material Omega(Gold) missing.

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone
OS Version 11.4.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 314-322-584
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I don’t know if this is supposed to happen or if it’s a bug, but I just spent 650+ Fleet Battle energy on 5-A Notmal trying to earn some Ship Ability Omega Materials, and out of the 65+ Battles, I received absolutely 0 of those mats. Is the drop rate that horrible or has EA decided to not actually have that reward dropeven once in 65+ Battles!?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just attempt any battle on level 5 Normal.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone
OS Version 11.4.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 314-322-584
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I don’t know if this is supposed to happen or if it’s a bug, but I just spent 650+ Fleet Battle energy on 5-A Normal trying to earn the gold rare ship ability mat, and out of 65+ Battles, received absolutely 0 of those mats. Is the drop rate that horrible or has EA decided to not actually have that reward drop at all?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just attempt any Fleet Battle on 5 Normal. It’s ridiculous!
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Message 1 of 7 (156 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ship Ability Material Omega(Gold) missing.

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Wilbur691,

 

Seems like you just had really bad rng on that node. We've tested it and out of 12 battles (SIMed) we got 2 Ship Ability Material Omegas. Please keep in mind that this is not representative, it is just showing that the material is dropping as intended.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (144 Views)

All Replies

Re: Ship Ability Material Omega(Gold) missing.

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Wilbur691,

 

Seems like you just had really bad rng on that node. We've tested it and out of 12 battles (SIMed) we got 2 Ship Ability Material Omegas. Please keep in mind that this is not representative, it is just showing that the material is dropping as intended.

Message 2 of 7 (145 Views)

Re: Ship Ability Material Omega(Gold) missing.

★★★★ Novice

Bad RNG? 65+ battles worth of bad RNG? That’s a joke if I ever heard one. A waste of 650+ energy and you’re telling me not even one drop and you say it’s just bad RNG? I could understand if it was 12 Battles... but over 65 and not a single drop? So maybe you can answer what the exact drop rate is for that material. And if you can’t(or won’t), maybe it’s because you know it’s a broken system that you are unwilling to fix.

Message 3 of 7 (134 Views)

Re: Ship Ability Material Omega(Gold) missing.

[ Edited ]

I've never seen an EA employee confirm actual drop rates anywhere, so I expect they are not allowed to say what the rate is.

I found this post on reddit, where the poster said over 851 sims he had a drop rate of about 5.77% (so I'll assume the drop rate is about 5%).
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/95vjab/update_on_the_ship_omega_drop_rates/

So if the drop rate is 5% chance, then you have a 95% chance of getting 0 omegas on a Sim. Over 65 sims, your odds are 0.95^(65) = 0.036 = 3.6% chance.

While that seems really low, remember that the odds of getting an omega in one sim is 5%, and your odds of getting 0/65 is 3.6%...so very similar odds. Couched in those terms, 0/65 is not unreasonable (although it is unlucky).

_____________________________________________________________
I am a volunteer on this forum, and not an employee of EA or CG. Please let me know how I can help you!
Message 4 of 7 (126 Views)

Re: Ship Ability Material Omega(Gold) missing.

★★★★ Novice

Considering his response was 2 in 12 Battles, which is slightly better than 16%... and you’re saying 5.77%... I am highly suspecting EA of fudging their numbers to appear that drop rates are very good... or the math to get 5.77% isn’t adding up. Either way, I’d have to sim 4 more and hit an omega each time just to get to 5%... so again, I’ll assume since I don’t spend real money on this game that EA doesn’t give a crap about it. Thanks for your “volunteer”-ness.

Message 5 of 7 (116 Views)

Re: Ship Ability Material Omega(Gold) missing.

★★★★ Novice

And of course they won’t give the drop rate percentage. But by God they’ll give “pack probabilities” in the store if you spend real money lol. A bunch of BS really.

Message 6 of 7 (114 Views)

Re: Ship Ability Material Omega(Gold) missing.

I believe they were required to. Federal regulations consider buying packs like this as a type of “gambling”, and require the odds to be published so customers are aware of their probability.

Drop rates in game cost you nothing so they don’t have to publish them.

(That’s my simplistic understanding of the requirementsj
_____________________________________________________________
I am a volunteer on this forum, and not an employee of EA or CG. Please let me know how I can help you!
Message 7 of 7 (100 Views)

HOW TO CONTACT SUPPORT

Having trouble in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes?

Contact EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Find your Player ID

Here's how to find your unique Player ID in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

Learn more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Find your Ally Code

Here's how to find your Ally Code in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

Learn more on EA Help