Re: Shift+click on floor doesn't change whole floor

by stjmk

Original Post

Shift+click on floor doesn't change whole floor

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.130
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs & kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go in to build mode, choose a floor pattern, shift+click on the floor you want to change.
What happens when the bug occurs? Holding the shift key & hovering on the floor of the room you want to change will show the whole floor changed to new pattern, but when you click the new pattern doesn't "take" and you still have the old one. This also happens on the sims "home" lot also, not just when working a renovation gig.
What do you expect to see? I expect the old floor pattern for the entire room to change to the new pattern when holding shift & then clicking.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Dream Home Decorator was released.

Not sure why this is happening. Maybe linked to the "no new floor tiles" restriction?

Message 1 of 4 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Here to say that I'm having the same problem exactly. Really making building a chore. Hoping someone has a fix.

Message 2 of 4 (1,448 Views)

★★ Pro
@djsboonie The "no new floor tiles" restriction is that you cannot add square footage, not that you cannot change flooring on the existing square footage, as I understand it.
Message 3 of 4 (1,374 Views)

★★ Pro
@CrayolaSunset I feel your pain! It's a game; it's supposed to be fun!

You could try clicking and dragging over the floor to replace flooring instead of relying on the game recognizing "rooms"? Have no idea if that will help, but worth a try.
Message 4 of 4 (1,370 Views)