Shield Celling while shooting

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TacticalTitan33
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Canyon above Cascades
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. In the middle of a firefight with the last squad left
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? unknown
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03/07/19
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug in question was that an enemy lifeline had a shield cell where her gun should be in a firefight. When she was not in ADS it looks as if she is shielding and when she is in ADS her gun was covered by the shield cell
What should be happening instead? The lifeline should have to stop combat to shield cell and I should be able to see her gun instead of the shield cell sprite.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I honestly do not know. I have no idea how the person did the glitch, but seeing as how they had over 4k kills and 1 million damage on lifeline my guess is they know what they are doing and can recreate it.

I was able to break her shield in the middle of the firefight and while shooting at me she regained her shield. I believe the player was using the shield cell at the same time they were firing their weapon. Her teammate was also shooting while down from the well known downed glitch. This is the first time I have came across this shield cell issue, but both of my teammates also saw the same thing. I am not friends with them and met them in lobby so I am not able to provide you with their names. It was very disappointing because it altered the fight massively. The pathfinder and myself pushed up when we believed the lifeline to be shielding, but she was actually just shooting from the hip and able to knock us both down. The glitch cost us a good chance at victory. 

Message 1 of 3 (291 Views)

Re: Shield Celling while shooting

Community Manager

Hey, @TacticalTitan33 

The team is aware of some players being able to shoot while knocked down and looking into it, but regarding the shield did they have a legendary shield? They can regain their shield if they use a finisher on a knocked down enemy. Do you think they might have been able to do that real quick during the fight behind a rock or building where you lost sight of them?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (256 Views)

Re: Shield Celling while shooting

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I had a simpler game where somebody was able to shield up at the time while shooting, it made me cruise so I look it up and I keep thinking this must be some exploit or glitch

Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)