by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Shield Cell animation cut / Player Glitching

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Partynator
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Bridges
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Spectating the guy who killed me
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? like ... more than 100 lol
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 14.05.19 11:50
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Players glitching, small shield cell immediately applied (before animation even ends)
What should be happening instead? Cell shields should always take the same time to players (with the exceptions of the lifeline passive and the Epic backpack reduction). The shield bar should be re filled only after the animation ends. Players that are glitchy should be kicked to a Server with better latency for them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Good question... I'm a software developer myself, so I'll suggest to put the game on `debug` mode and add some Breakpoints where you think the potential issue is Standard smile. Sorry I could not add a better way to do it.

So this happened https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/axusr5/shield_recharge_animation_cancel/. Basically I was spectating an Octane that insanely recovered his shield using small shield cells. I can tell that it was less than a second to have the shield bar increased, even the bar increased before the animation of the shield bar ended. Not even as a Lifeline with the Epic backpack have recovered shields that fast.
The other thing that happened is that I played against a Bloodhount level 42 and I was using Lifeline, Triple take. We entered a room and I could not land a hit on him since he was moving like lagged (instead of the regular fluent motion of the player, he was appearing and disappearing like glitching).
I know there are different issues but both are really disruptive and make the games to be unbalanced.

Message 1 of 2 (206 Views)

Re: Shield Cell animation cut / Player Glitching

Community Manager

Thank you for the report, @partinator81! We'll get this tracked.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (187 Views)