Original Post

Accepted Solution

Severe Apex Legends packet loss since last patch in September

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? The Detective
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Moon Knight
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Valkyrie
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Fuze, Lifeline
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Artillery
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Moving about/fighting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Hundreds
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 07.10.2021 22:50 Est
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Ever since the last patch that was supposed to fix packet loss and disconnects, I'm experiencing severe packet loss. It makes the game incredibly jittery and impossible to play effectively. I had never experienced this issue with any kind of consistency prior to the patch
What should be happening instead? The game should be playing smoothly. I often had pings of 30 to 50 milliseconds and no packet loss
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. I've been told by my friend when they are spectating, that they don't see it. My PC version is experiencing the same issue. I am not experiencing anything like this in any other online multiplayer game including first person shooters like splitgate or Halo

This is one example.

Message 1 of 8 (1,043 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Severe Apex Legends packet loss since last patch in September

Community Manager

Hi @K387

Do you mind if we try out some troubleshooting steps to see if we can help with the issues you've been having? 

A good place to start off is with the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help site to see if that helps. If you're still running into the same problems after that please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (872 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

So I'm either stuck with this or need to hope the next update will "magically" fix it? I've jumped through a lot of hoops including opening ports, changing DNS, etc. etc. and nothing has changed Apex Legends packet loss. No OTHER GAME has this issue across all my platforms.

Message 2 of 8 (969 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue. More often than not. It's really frusterating

Message 3 of 8 (923 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @K387

Do you mind if we try out some troubleshooting steps to see if we can help with the issues you've been having? 

A good place to start off is with the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help site to see if that helps. If you're still running into the same problems after that please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 8 (873 Views)

★ Novice

The problem resolved itself after whatever impromptu server maintenance you guys did a couple Wednesdays ago. Once the servers came back up, all of the packet loss issues were gone. And I was experiencing the same low latency but I have been since I started the game

Message 5 of 8 (858 Views)

Community Manager

@K387 

Gotcha, thanks for following up! 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (740 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent how is basic connectivity steps gonna help when the community has mentioned time and again that this packet loss issue is solely on Apex Legends.
I join any European server, one game packet loss, the next game no packet loss. It boils down to the actually lobby server that we are connecting to for each game. I have run network captures and it is pretty clear that the issue is originating from the Apex servers.
Message 7 of 8 (425 Views)

★ Novice
@K387 Unfortunately this is an issue that Apex is aware of, but do not want to fix. There are numerous complaints regarding the same issue, occurring only on Apex and no other game.
If this is isolated to Apex, surely they should spend some time investigating the servers being used, but they simply come back to us with "have you tried basic connectivity troubleshooting", like of course I have and that too multiple times. FIX YOUR POOR SERVERS APEX!
Message 8 of 8 (422 Views)