Re: Several bugs after june 2020 patch update

by crinrict

Original Post

Several bugs after june 2020 patch update

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just play the game as usual and the bugs pop up randomly
What happens when the bug occurs? Bug #1 counters and toilet spontaneously bursting into flames ....nothing catches on fire just a random flame in the middle of my toilet bowl is all.... Bug #2 can't see the gallery at all...it's just a bunch of hashtag/pound symbols at the top of the page Bug #3 says sims have 2/3 skills for school but when i look at what skills they have it says they have none Bug # 4 the parenthood extra trait section with manners, responsible meters not showing up
What do you expect to see? no flames in the house randomly all over the place, being able to use the gallery and see whats on it, being able to see what skills my sims have
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the june 3rd 2020 patch

picture of gallery issue and trait window issue

Message 1 of 9 (7,757 Views)

Hero

Hi @emilue0430 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Please report any bugs that still occur after that in a seperate thread (one thread per issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (7,738 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey! I'm also have this issue with the gallery and traits menu on my sims panel. Have you tried what the user suggested below? If so did this work for you? Thank you!

Message 3 of 9 (7,580 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Do you use Weerbesu's UI Cheats? If so, that's what's causing the UI issues with the gallery ##### and none of the buff icons showing up. You'll need to download the most recent version of the mod, which was released today. 

Message 4 of 9 (7,407 Views)

★ Novice

Hello fellow Simmers,

Hope you are all well.

Since the last update, I am having issue with the lighting.

Before, when the playable sim visits a neighbour or friend's house at night, it was able to switch the lights on/off freely. Not anymore? Even the candles are not clickable. Has anyone experiencing the same issue?

Any suggestion, I'll appreciate it.

Forgive me , my English writing. 

Gustav

Message 5 of 9 (5,680 Views)

Hero
@GTMake Are you using mods ? If so, have you tried without ?

If not, could you please create your own thread. In the bug forum it's one thread per issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (5,675 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, Hero,

Yes, I have tried without CC. Even reinstall, but unfortunately the issue persist.

Anyway, thank you for the reply. My apologies for posting the thread in here.

friendly greetings, Gustav

Message 7 of 9 (5,441 Views)

Hero
@GTMake Please create a new thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (5,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey @emilue0430 @IslaRoses @shest14 @GTMake

thanks for reporting your issues here!

As @crinrict already mentioned, I would ask you to submit a bug report for every individual bug templates are designed to gather details on one bug at a time. Because this way, we can focus on one bug which makes it easier for us to track it and provide the player with relevant advice and info.

It's helpful to check this thread, "Compiled list of reported issues" for existing active bugs, and to use the search function to see if there is an active thread on the issue already. If not, go ahead and create a new one. Standard smile 

I will close this thread in the meantime.

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 9 (4,844 Views)