Settings bug

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1070 nvidia by gigabyte gaming
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? JetSkyy / NotJetSkyy
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. setting wont get safed, just until i restart the game then its reset
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. happens after every game restart
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? happens always after game restart
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) happens always
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Its a bug with the settings. I set the slide (hold) to shift, which is usually the zoom in while ads. so that this is now unbound, im not able to bind it to any other key. Also: i prefer to press the button ^ (german keyboard layout it shows \ in the settings) (left button next to 1) to holster my weapons. so i press 1 to equip my primary and ^( \ in the settings registered) to holster the guns. this setting is reset everytime, that i restart the game. i can apply or what else doesnt matter, i always have to rebind the button, after the game is restarted its set to ~ , i dont know which button that would be because im having a german keyboard layout.
What should be happening instead? it should let me bind zoom in (toggle zoom) to another button and also should safe my "holster weapon" button at the very left button next to the 1-9 buttons, german keyboard layout its the ^and with shift its °
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try what i said and bind shift, then youll see that you cant rebind toggle zoom. also try the german keyboard layout and set holster weapon to the very left button - ^ (on the left side to ther 1 button (not num pad) beyond the esc button). after game restart its set to ~ . i dont know which button that would be.

as described

Message 1 of 5 (397 Views)

Re: Settings bug

Community Manager

Hi @NotJetSkyy

I've seen some similar cases in the past where there is something preventing Apex Legends from locking in settings changes. Sometimes this can happen because of security software or other programs running on the PC. 

When you've got the chance can you try setting up a Clean Boot on your PC to see if that makes any difference at all? If there is something else running that's not allowing the Settings to save that might help get around it. For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (353 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Kent,

I've got only the windows defender itself, no third party anti virus program.

I mean I have enabled ransomware protection, but all setings safe only that one doesnt.

And after I bound slide to left shift I have no ability to bind toggle zoom to another button, that simply doesnt exist in the settings....

I will try that with a clean boot for you but I dont think this will change anything.

Thanks for your Answer.

Best Regards

JetSkyy(not)

Message 3 of 5 (347 Views)

Community Manager

@NotJetSkyy 

I appreciate it! Let me know how it goes once you've had the chance to try it. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 5 (326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_KentHi Kent, I rebound the button "holster weapon" to 5 and it works totally fine. And its saved after restart, like everything else. Just the button left to the 1 and below the esc button wont save.

Also please take notice that there is no possibility to bind "toggle zoom" after I bound left shift to something else. Its on left shift by default and there is no option to choose. The settings miss that button to bind it to somethin else. Like Im unable to bind "toggle zoom" after its unbound... Thats way more important than the language keyboard layout problem.

(btw noone seems to answer my other post...: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-constantly-crashes-while-playing-randomly/m-p/978362... )

Message 5 of 5 (323 Views)