by Alienonym

Original Post

Server issues

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Not needed
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 (not needed)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Alienonym
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. anywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Nothing particular, just playing the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? doesn't matter
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Server issues, severe lags for everyone which is something that should not happen or very rarely for a game like this.
What should be happening instead? No lags or really rare
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just test your game

I put this in bugs cause I don't think it's something "normal" and it needs to be fixed

Message 1 of 42 (1,474 Views)

Re: Server issues

★★ Novice

I have the same issue but in ranked games. Almost every day I have at least one game where everything is freezing/ being in slow motion / lagging. I mostly get a prediction error and/or congestion (server frankfurt 2). My internet connection is working fine. Its very frustrating since u land and lag/freeze so hard that u just die and lose a lot of rp out of nowhere.   

Message 2 of 42 (1,466 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@naatinati Bro i feel ya, I have the same issue and mine goes even worse, I can't even leave the match even if I press the "leave the match" button. What I'd have to do is force shut down the game by alt+F4 and then restart the game and then hope it reconnects. For causal pubs its generally fine, yes its EXTREMELY annoying and tedious but its more serious in Rank where you'd lose RP though. But you can try this out, just force close the game as soon as your in jump ship and reopen the game as fast as you can. Lemme know if this works for you too.

I've been experiencing these really horrible server issues ever since the World's Edge update on the 27th of May, I hope the devs are really doing something about these servers. Btw I'm usually on Singapore servers. TBH I'd rather them fix the server issues then come up with new events and all.

Message 3 of 42 (1,431 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm gonna reply every day in order to put this at top in hope that one day, god comes, and sees what is one of the most buggy thing ever (no hit reg is not a bug, it's a feature, same for footsteps)

Message 4 of 42 (1,393 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Daily Reply
Message 5 of 42 (1,368 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Daily reply
Message 6 of 42 (1,322 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Reply of the day!
Message 7 of 42 (1,291 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there. 

Apologies for the delayed reply on this. 

Which datacenter are you connected to? Have you tried connecting to other datacenters to test and see if that makes any difference at all? I'm wondering if this is localized to a specific datacenter. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 42 (1,275 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent Wow I never though I'd actually get an answer! Anyway, I'm playing on Belgium and Frankfurt servers. The lags began with the latest World's Edge update (27th May). Before this date, I (the server) would get lags in 1/5 games
Message 9 of 42 (1,266 Views)

Community Manager

@Alienonym 

If you connect to any other datacenters besides those two you're normally using do you run into the same issues? I'm just wondering if this is isolated to specific locations. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 42 (1,212 Views)