by slick-D92

Original Post

Server forcing Abandon Penalty

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Grim Xitranx
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Im Doughnutt
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bloodhound and Lifeline
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. I was in capital, sky hook and starting ship when it happened
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Just moving
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 7
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 21.08.20 6:40am
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The server kicks me off the game which caused me to lose over 220 rp and have 30 minutes total of undeserved abandon Penalty.
What should be happening instead? The server not booting me from the game/ or the server allowing me to rejoin.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I honestly don’t know but I was hoping to get my rp back since I didn’t cause this. This happened 3 times.

The game is great and I know you guys are doing your best but it’s frustrating to lose rp from something that isn’t apart of the game.

Message 1 of 5 (302 Views)

Re: Server forcing Abandon Penalty

★★★ Apprentice

Reconnect doesnt work anymore, they broke it after the update.

Message 2 of 5 (287 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Simple code to fix. You should be able to tell who leaves on purpose. Its season 6, come on....

Message 3 of 5 (245 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@alreadyVintage i believe we will have new wave of dash-borders .
i had the same issue yesterday in ranked where my game crashed and wasn't reconnected again , but i didn't lose points nor got a penalty .
don't know maybe i got lucky that time
Message 4 of 5 (215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same thing happened to me.... i had 4 kills top 2 teams and the game kicked me and gave me a time penalty. Why would i quit at top 2?! Its happened twice now. Its a little annoying getting penalized for their * ups. 

Message 5 of 5 (207 Views)