by Mindsala

Original Post

Server crash leads to abandonment penalty

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Deadshot_Angel
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. N/A
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Revenant
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith and Mirage
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Thermal
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Aiming at the enemies
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06.09.20 01:20 pm
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes which leads to server connection severed and then log in screen. Have to restart my PS4 ato get back into Apex. Abandonment penalty and loss of RP
What should be happening instead? Should be able to play the game normally without game crashing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Server crashes

This bug has happened to me at least 3 times everyday all with the same result. Really infuriating. I am just trying to play the game but the server crashes ruin it. 

Message 1 of 4 (267 Views)

Re: Server crash leads to abandonment penalty

★★★★★ Novice
Try enabling the DMZ connection on your router i’ve contacted ea help and i finally solved it by doing that. after enabling it i never disconnected again. you simply go to your web browser and type in your router’s ip address (should be written in the back of your router), it will ask you to type in the admin password (also written in the back of your router) then look for the DMZ option (it was in the firewall section for me, it might be located in a different place because our routers might be different so you have to look for it), enable the DMZ and type in your xbox/ps4/pc’s (the platform you use for playing) ip address. i hope this helps, i had this issue for a very long time and it worked for me, hope it does work for you too. <3
Message 2 of 4 (231 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same here! I just had his happen 4 times in the last hour. I want all my RP back please!!! Super frustrating! Been playing this game since it came out and haven’t wanted to quit at all. I’m finally getting very frustrated, this really sucks.

im finding all the posts that have this same problem and posting what happened to me as well. This is ludicrous! 4 times within two hours!!! C’mon man!

Respawn team, this just happened between 8pm and 10:30pm pacific Coast time on Thursday 9/10/20. Please, if you are to look at anyone’s account, I assure you, my account will show you the issue. 4 TIMES!!!

I just built this pc. My account is only 5 days old. No excuses guys. This is happening for a reason. Please don’t give me a task to do for you to see if it “fixes” the issue. Just go look at my games!!! Please!
Message 3 of 4 (193 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

But why did this randomly just start happening for me last night? Sure, I would get the odd disconnect here and there, but twice last night I experienced 3 code:xxxx errors while trying to reconnect. I doubt this has anything to do with our client-side internet settings. It's a reconnect and server bug on Respawn's side. Prior to this latest patch (9/10/2020), I would at least be able to reconnect to a match and not lose progress, let alone get a penalty.

Message 4 of 4 (180 Views)