Server Shutdown with No Warning

★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Freeplay - Scar Incursion
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 2
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What was your Expedition team makeup? Friends
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Kicked back to the Enclave while fighting enemies during the Scar Incursion event in Freeplay. The message displayed after the loading screen said "Server Shutdown."
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 25.04.19:13:15 MST
Summarize your bug Kicked back to the Enclave while fighting enemies during the Scar Incursion event in Freeplay. The message displayed after the loading screen said "Server Shutdown." This has been occurring multiple times per day since the 1.1 update. No warning about server shutdown was received.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in Freeplay. It will happen at least once every 4 hours of play, at least it has for me.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sudden loading screen then I find myself in the Enclave with a Server Shutdown message. No warning about server shutdown was received.
What should be happening instead? If a server is being shutdown, there should be a warning.

Kicked back to the Enclave while fighting enemies during the Scar Incursion event in Freeplay. The message displayed after the loading screen said "Server Shutdown." This has been occurring multiple times per day since the 1.1 update. No warning about server shutdown was received.

Message 1 of 3 (83 Views)

Re: Server Shutdown with No Warning

★★★★ Novice

Same here. It has happened to me in free play and when joining a random contract.  No warning, just reload screen and then reboot of the game 

Message 2 of 3 (59 Views)

Re: Server Shutdown with No Warning

★★★★ Novice

same thing here, but PC Platform.   4 times within the last 30-45 minutes. 

I have an idea to help mitigate this:

who is the actual host of the games?  EA? BioWare? a user?  

If its a user,  "Host Migration" would easily solve this,  though at the same time, if it migrates to a user with a low bandwidth ( highly unlikely ) it could present some banding and latency issues.   Anyways,  migrating the host if it is in fact User based,   if someone is hosting a Freeplay, and the user either disconnects, closes the game or if say someone with a far superior connection connects and issues are detected on the original host,  the host should be migrated to the best possible host.  

im trying to get exploration and things done,  but i cant even explore for 10-15 minutes without the "Server was Shutdown" error and kicking me back to Fort Tarsis, walkaround.  

Message 3 of 3 (55 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help