Re: Server Lag Bug

by XHelperZ

Original Post

Server Lag Bug

★★ Novice

Some kind of server lag/packet loss that is completely crippling.
When this bug happens, you have this packet loss for the duration of the game, after which everything is normal again, and it happens maybe 1/20 games or something. During this game my connection is totally fine otherwise, voice chat is all good etc. and this lag always happens for the whole game, no shorter or longer.
I believe some of the servers in the region (London, UK) have some kind of issue that is causing this. It has also happened to friends, but some have never experienced it.
Video of how it looks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWmnqykFr1M

Note it is always the same kind of lag, i.e. moving is much slower than it should be, items get picked up but then go back on the ground, heals taking longer or sometimes showing the wrong item when healing, etc.

Message 1 of 3 (221 Views)

★★ Novice

I play on London servers and get this all the time. The other night I hopped on for 10 games on pc after having a miserable time on console (screen tearing, no audio etc etc) and I got this twice, disconnected twice and had my team mates disconnect twice.....safe to stay I hopped off again. Idk why but the servers are always terrible at the start of a season and get better I guess when the boosted player base lowers to the normal amount. But this season it has just continued and it's safe to say I'm hating this season. Respawn need to take a timeout from pumping out cosmetics and just have a season of bug fixing and performance management.

Message 2 of 3 (156 Views)

Champion

I've noticed that you're getting prediction errors in this game.

It seems that EA is aware of this, though unsure what's causing it.

Try changing your DNS and follow the basic and advanced connectivity steps first.
Does changing Datacenters help against this issue?

Message 3 of 3 (120 Views)