Serious accounting errors p4 sith raid

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Ipad
OS Version Latest
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 576-115-741
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug There are serious accounting errors in p4 sith raid. Some teams are scoring up to a million higher than their reported scores and some are showing significantly lower. I am sttaching a screen shot where damage reported should have been 2.8 million when adding up the scores but only 2.1 million was counted as total. I have another where only 2.5 mm should have been the some but we are seeing 3.8 million. This is serious as it is affecting rewards.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just run p4 with nightsisters
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country usa

See images, use calculator and see massive accounting errors

FC9FCFEE-9A31-4092-82AE-F337DBDEF761.jpeg
04740A19-EC67-42A5-ACA3-8D82986E9874.png
Message 1 of 7 (1,041 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Serious accounting errors p4 sith raid

EA Live QV Team

Hi @bab5139 and thank you for your report/question.

@jedilord1 and @ammon_jerr0 explained it well, so nothing to be added from my side here =).

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,467 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

your first screen shows a result where your opponent is only traya (nihil is dead)
and you have toons with you that can attach debuffs (talzin, talia) - the damage that debuffs deals is only shown up in the "total damage dealt" not on the single damage per toon, that´s why your first screen shows more dmg dealt than the sum of each toon...

your second screen shows a result where nihil is still alive (recognizable at the colorbar between toons and "total dmg dealt")
everytime you use a basic attack (and acolythe is using her twice if stealthed) nihil is regaining his protection (the purple bar below the health bar), dmg you are dealing against protection is showing up at the single dmg per toon, but not in the "total dmg dealt" cause dmg against protection is not rewarded with raidpoints

Message 2 of 7 (1,014 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is working as intended. 

"Total Damage Dealt" tells you the net difference in boss health before and after your attempt. It's entirely possible to deal 1M damage against Nihilus's protection. This 1M damage would show up on each individual character tally but not the total (only HEALTH damage is counted for the total). Damage which is absorbed by the raid boss protection is NOT counted towards total damage for the round. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,004 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @bab5139 and thank you for your report/question.

@jedilord1 and @ammon_jerr0 explained it well, so nothing to be added from my side here =).

Message 4 of 7 (1,468 Views)

★★★ Novice
I appreciate the responses, but, based on all of the lengthy explainations needed to describe the descrepancy and the in ability to determine who actually dealt damage and who didn’t I am going to reiterate. If there are no actual accounting errors then the UX is really really bad. You shouldn’t need to write an entire page to explain why numbers don’t add up. It was bad with just exposes but horrible with negative damage numbers of protection with Dn. While expose can be questioned of who get attributed with the damage, the person who lands the expose vs the person who triggers the effect, it seems quite easy to determine who adds protection be who doesn’t. If you are always adding protection and never causing damage it would be much better to see a negative number for that toon vs 666k. It doesn’t help players and I would say hurts players understanding.
Message 5 of 7 (972 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

What about this? How is this explained?

Message 6 of 7 (900 Views)

★ Novice
Or this?
94A6F307-2E80-4B17-9D0D-DCA382DF67CE.png
Message 7 of 7 (736 Views)