Serene Repose Upper Bank Ladder placement issue

by daFigg

Original Post

Serene Repose Upper Bank Ladder placement issue

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, GPs (Spa Day, Parenthood, DHD), Stuff Packs (TL, LD, VG, NK, Moschino), Kits (CO, IL, Plants)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to BB, find the Serene Repose Upper Bank Ladder and open the ladder options, both left and right ladder option places ladder on the right side and the auto placement doesn't work (It places with right ladder). The left only shows if placed with both ladder option on. All the other bunk beds' ladders work fine.
What happens when the bug occurs? The left only shows if placed with both ladder option on. All the other bunk beds' ladders work fine.
What do you expect to see? If I select left ladder, the upper bunk should place with left ladder. If I select auto ladders, only left ladder should remain when placing to a wall from right side.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Go to BB, find the Serene Repose Upper Bank Ladder and open the ladder options, both left and right ladder option places ladder on the right side and the auto placement doesn't work (It places with right ladder). The left only shows if placed with both ladder option on. All the other bunk beds' ladders work fine.

Message 1 of 6 (583 Views)

Re: Serene Repose Upper Bank Ladder placement issue

Hero

Hi @daFigg 

gave this a quick test and it works fine in my game.

Left and right version

Bild_2021-11-11_151908.png

Auto placing

Bild_2021-11-11_152041.png

Bild_2021-11-11_152127.png

Could you try repairing your game and deleting localthumbcache file

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (559 Views)

★ Apprentice

Did you find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue. I've just tried deleting my localthumbcache and repairing my game but the problem is still there.

Message 3 of 6 (438 Views)

Hero
@Fitzy2754 Are you using any mods ? Do you have issues with all bunk beds ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (416 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Hi @Fitzy2754,

unfortunately I never found a fix. I tried repairing the game and trying without any mods, deleting L files and whatnot, but nothing fixed this issue. I ended up redoing the room so that I can have the ladder on the other side and since then I am just not using this bunk bed anymore. It's the only one I have issues with the ladder with in my game, the other bunks work well.

It's annoying but frankly not such a big deal or game breaking so I just avoid using it.
Message 5 of 6 (404 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just to add: I took a video of the game putting the ladder correctly during zoom in and out, but then recalculating and changing the ladder wrong when the camera is static. See imgur link here: https://imgur.com/a/CrJEvFm. The video was too big to upload on here.

I think this might be the LOD meshes issue with the object, or graphic settings but I am pretty sure this is the object error. I play on low graphics on an older Mac, not sure if that plays a role.

Message 6 of 6 (398 Views)