★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Fort Tarsis
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Constant
Summarize your bug Conversation pop up for Sentinel Dax appears every time I go into Fort Tarsis. When I got to the location (over by the Sentinel Brin it disappears. The only thing that shows up is Commander Vule and Aunt Cardea who talk about a watching a Detective Hops episode.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure what caused this bug. I went through the other conversations with Dax, Vule, and Cardea just fine.
What happens when the bug occurs? Conversation marker disappears and I can not progress the conversation story line.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to press [F] to initiate a conversation at the location specified.

I am done with the current story and have done the majority (if not all) sub missions and conversations.

This conversation popup keeps appearing for me when I load into Fort Tarsis. I believe I've done most of this conversation "quest" already with Dax, Vule, and Cardea.

Message 1 of 31 (3,219 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sentinel Dax Conversation Bug

★★★★ Novice

I did manage to find the solution to this.

It is sort of the same as some people were already saying. Go up to where the conversation bubble was at and Vule/Cardea should be there. If you stand in front of them for 5-10 seconds they should have a short conversation. After this walk away from them for about 30 seconds (not sure how far away you have to get) and then come back. They should then have another conversation. You might need to repeat this once or twice more. At the end I got a piece of mail from Dax and the conversation bubble went away.

View in thread

Message 13 of 31 (3,462 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Same exact thing happens to me, although I'll add that I can find Sentinel Dax in her apartment, not where the marker is. Can't speak with her there either, no prompt.

Message 2 of 31 (3,167 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Issue with this is people assume everything requires you to interact with it for completion. Listen to the whole conversation between the two.
Message 3 of 31 (3,119 Views)

★ Apprentice
Well that would be an reasonable assumption to make.
Anyway I tried doing this, but after waiting there for a good 10 minutes, nobody started talking and it's still re-appearing.

I have finished the main and side stories, So I'm not sure what she wants. And I dislike having that conversation bubble keep popping back. But I think it's actually no conversation there anymore and it's just bugged for me.
Message 4 of 31 (3,106 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing here. Conversation icon disappears from map when i get to the pool.

Message 5 of 31 (3,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey I solved my mysterious conversation loop.
If you're on the same step as I was, don't go into her house.
Go up the stairs then to the left where you can find Commander Vule, let him and Dax's Aunt Cardea do their chat and it will complete itself Standard smile

Edit: It came back and still does after every mission I return from... (Not solved)

Message 6 of 31 (3,079 Views)

★★★★ Novice
same issue for days now, i finished everything i can up to that point and cant progress any further what ever comes after you talk to dax
for me she is in her house too not even reacting to us and where the dialogue icon is on the map is just the commander and the aunt, none of them wanna talk to you... hopefully you can fix that soon its been there the whole week Frown
Message 7 of 31 (3,052 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, having the same issue, as soon as you get near the pool, the Icon disappears, I have tried coming from the Forge, Enclave, launch pad etc... nothing seems to help.

Message 8 of 31 (3,043 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Same issue for me. All the NPC conversations seems to have stopped after I took the Challenges of the Legionnaires: Valor quest. Does that mean we have to complete this quest before the NPC stories will continue?
Message 9 of 31 (3,037 Views)

★★★★ Novice
so i just logged in and the dialogue icon is gone completely and not comming back after i did a contract for example... i hope i dont miss out on anything now :o
Message 10 of 31 (3,008 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help