Sent to we wrong game mode

by mfnfishdog

Original Post

Sent to we wrong game mode

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug While playing galactic assault the last couple days with friend (playing in group and party) we we got sent from galactic assault to extraction. Neither of us left galactic assault. It just kicked us to extraction. It just happened after playing kamino on the Republic side. We won the match and then got sent to tatooine in extraction. We were playing extraction earlier, but both quit, went to the menu and I did a search for galactic assault and we got in the game at kamino (put is in near the last phase of the match). Not sure if something is off when playing with partner that is causing this issue. I dont recall this happening when playing solo. 
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Mattfisher
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11-12-2018 and 11-13-2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 8:15 PM PST on 11-13-2018. Cant recall on 11-12-2018.
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? During matchmaking after galactic assault ends, we are sent to extraction instead of new galactic assault match
What do you expect to see? Getting sent to new galactic assault match instead of extraction.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number N/a

Unfortunately I didnt take screenshots or videos when this happened.  There were no error messages.   Everything seemed fine except getting sent to wrong mode.  

Message 1 of 5 (372 Views)

Re: Sent to we wrong game mode

Champion (Retired)

Yes, this has happened to me as well.  I have reported it in threads on the massive problems with matchmaking, as it happens when "matchmaking" starts.  We notice it when we get a message in the matchmaking that says we are searching for a game of whatever, and it is not the mode we were playing.  Had it the other night, we were in HvV, then at the end of match, the matchmaking started a search for blast.  We have noticed this in other modes as well.  

Message 2 of 5 (356 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I've seen that as well, got sent from Extraction to GA once when matchmaking kicked in.  I've only seen it happen once though.

Message 3 of 5 (338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am on Xbox and this happened to me two times yesterday, it send me and my friend to game modes which we play early when matchmaking did its job, first from Heroes vs Villains to Galactic Assault, and later from Blast back to Heroes vs Villains.

Two weeks ago it also happened from Galactic Assault to Heroes vs Villains.

Message 4 of 5 (284 Views)

Champion

I have also found that if you quit a game (any mode) whilst MM is searching, you get the confirmation dialogue & press A, you will go back to the home screen but will notice the search is still going and you have to press r/stick to cancel. It appears that once MM has started your tag will still be in the lobby until a game is found. The only fix is to quit a game before MM has started. I play solo so I don't think it has anything to do with groups. Happens regularly but not everytime.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."