Seasons Expansion Added - Corrupted Save File

by badger7899

Original Post

Seasons Expansion Added - Corrupted Save File

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons Cats & Dogs StrangerVille Discover University Dine Put
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can send the game save? So far, we have attempted to fix by:  - Made a back up of the current Sims 4 folder - Started a new game ( & family) which worked fine with the weather and events  -  Slowly added 1 folder at a time into the sims 4 folder from the back up folder and tested in-between each addition  - The weather and events feature stopped working when we added the original game save from the back up 
What happens when the bug occurs? - The calendar holidays and events are disappearing at 6am on the day of the events / holiday. This is all events and holidays, I can only do parties if I 'start now'. HarvestFest disappeared, as did New Years Eve and TV Season Premiere.  - The weather isn't working at all  - Since adding Seasons, now my Sims green activity bar remains over their head after they have stopped the activity (for example it will remain when they are in bed, after they have finished cooking or playing chess) - This has happened to all of my sims at different times. I find this resolves if I exit to main menu and then reload the game, but it will happen to a different sim after a while.  - My child sim cannot do the creativity aspiration - I get her inspired and she draws at the table and even completes the drawing but it doesn't register as completed. I did this 5/6 times, each time the circle around the activity in the bottom left doesn't increase to green. She has completed all other aspirations so I don't know why this one isn't working.
What do you expect to see? - The event to actually take place - The weather to work - The green bar to disappear when the sim finishes the activity - The bat to fill when the child is drawing so the aspiration will be fulfilled
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi, 
I have downloaded the Sims 4 Seasons expansion and it is doing some strange things: 
- The calendar holidays and events are disappearing at 6am on the day of the events / holiday. This is all events and holidays, I can only do parties if I 'start now'. HarvestFest disappeared, as did New Years Eve and TV Season Premiere. 
- The weather isn't working at all 
- Since adding Seasons, now my Sims green activity bar remains over their head after they have stopped the activity (for example it will remain when they are in bed, after they have finished cooking or playing chess) - This has happened to all of my sims at different times. I find this resolves if I exit to main menu and then reload the game, but it will happen to a different sim after a while. 
- My child sim cannot do the creativity aspiration - I get her inspired and she draws at the table and even completes the drawing but it doesn't register as completed. I did this 5/6 times, each time the circle around the activity in the bottom left doesn't increase to green. She has completed all other aspirations so I don't know why this one isn't working.

So far, we have attempted to fix by: 

- Made a back up of the current Sims 4 folder
- Started a new game ( & family) which worked fine with the weather and events 
-  Slowly added 1 folder at a time into the sims 4 folder from the back up folder and tested in-between each addition 
- The weather and events feature stopped working when we added the original game save from the back up 

Is there any way I can fix this without starting again? I really don't want to start again as I am 100 hours into this family. 
Thank you and I appreciate any help Standard smile 

Message 1 of 1 (222 Views)