Original Post

Accepted Solution

Seasons: Calendar reset and unable to add new holidays

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Seasons, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Jungle Adventure, Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into the Calendar view and try to create a new event
What happens when the bug occurs? Spring skipped back to the beginning instead of going into summer, all holidays have been shifted by a week, I'm unable to add new holidays.
What do you expect to see? My season back to summer, holidays displaying in the right season, and being able to add holidays.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello!

I logged onto my game just on the last day of spring, and it should have changed season overnight, but the following happened:

- My game skipped a season, spring was ending and went back to the first day of spring again. As in, my game did not reset: my Sims's progress had saved, nobody "went back in time", but the calendar reset.
- When opening the calendar after the first day of "new spring", all seasons had been shifted by one week: spring contained the holidays of both spring and summer (sometimes two on the same day), summer had autumn holidays, autumn had the winter holidays, and winter was empty.
- I tried creating test holidays, but not all of them were successfully added. It seems I was only able to add holidays to days the game recognised as empty: the whole winter week was, technically, empty, but if I tried adding an event to the third day of the week (which is where I put Winterfest) or the last day (New Year's), it didn't add anything. However, I could add an event to the second day, which didn't have a holiday on it before the bug occurred.

I did notice this after installing the Meaningful Stories mod on Saturday afternoon, 27/06/2020, but it could just be a coincidence, since I've now removed my mods and tested. I've also already deleted the localthumbcache.package and repaired the game, but the problem still occurs.

I've linked my saves, config log, LE files, and also my script mod folders

Thanks a ton for looking into this!

(Removed link to mod and removed folder link. No mod links on the forum) - Atic 

Message 1 of 18 (3,804 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Seasons: Calendar reset and unable to add new holidays

Hero
@CLFrenchie You can just try disabling the pack: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/ (Seasons is EP05)

Create a copy of your saves folder first, then disable the pack, load the faulty save (you'll loose everything related to Seasons), save under a new name), exit, enable pack again and check

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 18 (3,683 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@CLFrenchie Does it also happen on a fresh save or is it isolated to that one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (3,776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, 

Ha, that's what I meant to test too, and forgot... 

I'll test tonight and let you know! 

Message 3 of 18 (3,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict It seems to be tied to that save only: I tried on an older; existing save, and from a fresh new one. I hadn't played with the older pack since downloading Seasons, so I can't tell if it would have skipped anything, but I was able to create a few test holidays.

If I have to go back to an older version of that save, is there anyway to locate when the error happened, and how far back I would have to go? Also, would I just have to delete that particular save file to go back to an older version?

Message 4 of 18 (3,734 Views)

Hero
@CLFrenchie My guess is when you put the mod in but I guess you would need to test save by save ?

Here's instructions how to go back to an eariler automatic backup: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

If you have your own backups, you can just rename them. Give them a different number.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (3,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey,

I just tried with my earliest version, which is from before I installed the mod. The bug is still here, I attached a screenshot. I don't have an older version from the same household...

Message 6 of 18 (3,718 Views)

Hero
@CLFrenchie Are you getting any LastExceptions when trying to add the holiday ?

You don't have any stuck holidays, right ? One holiday that happens over and over each day ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (3,695 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrictno, no Last Exceptions, and no stuck holiday.

Would it be doable to uninstall and reinstall Seasons before starting the game again? Or would that mess up a lot? 

Message 8 of 18 (3,686 Views)

Hero
@CLFrenchie You can just try disabling the pack: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/ (Seasons is EP05)

Create a copy of your saves folder first, then disable the pack, load the faulty save (you'll loose everything related to Seasons), save under a new name), exit, enable pack again and check

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (3,684 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict once I enable the pack again, will it re-add anything that may have gone missing when disabling it? Say my Sims use CAS items from Seasons, they will be disabled when I access the game with Seasons disabled. Once I able it, will the clothes reappear or do I have to dress my Sims manually again? 

Message 10 of 18 (3,638 Views)