Season 7 Premium Battle pass not given with EA Play Pro

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number -
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Darth_JarJar18
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? NVIDIA GeForce experience
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Battle pass tab
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Got onto lobby screen for first time
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05/11/20
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? So I have been playing since the start of season 5 and at the same time I signed up to origin access or play pro for the year. Every time a new season has started it has given me the premium battle pass automatically as that is part of the deal I signed up for when paying for origin access or play pro. The start of season 7 has brought this bug that has not given me me the premium battle pass automatically again, so I can not progress now on this. Just seen a similar thread on reddit as well but it doesn't show a solution, which means other people are having this problem as well.
What should be happening instead? The premium battle pass should've been given to me automatically at the start of the season
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -

Battle pass bug

Message 1 of 4 (368 Views)

Re: Season 7 Premium Battle pass not given with EA Play Pro

★★ Novice

This is unacceptable. They didn't notify about this to the players and they can't just change the terms of the condition in the middle of a contract. They promised this when they announced EA play pro from Origin access premiere that this is just a name change and players will still receive season passes. I cancelled my EA Play Pro 1 year subscription that ends next week and I'm not going to renew it. I might as well go for Xbox Game pass since they don't do this kind of stuff. Plus they have Basic EA Play with their Ultimate subscription.

Message 2 of 4 (319 Views)

★★ Novice

This is like putting a final nail on their own coffin. I see no other benefits in staying with Origin or EA Desktop. I might as well take my Apex and move to steam.

Message 3 of 4 (317 Views)

★★★ Novice

Or just not play at all.  Still playing doesn't really send them a message.

Message 4 of 4 (262 Views)