Season 6 unplayable on PC - crashes and graphics glitches

by Cosmo_NZ1

Original Post

Re: Season 6 unplayable on PC - crashes and graphics glitches

★★★ Novice

No problems for me in Season 5, but its bad in Season 6.

Now it seems to crash 2 out of 3 games, sometimes even crashing 2 times in the same game.

Already installed the previous Nvidia drivers and repaired the game, but alas, the game still crashes.

Had the same issue in the beginning of Season 4......

Message 21 of 38 (757 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try reinstalling the game it worked for me. Even though that might take a while this bug will take a while to be fixed. Its not a common bug since not many people have it and im not sure they will patch it soon.

Message 22 of 38 (704 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 23 of 38 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My game was fine until season 6 basically what happens is i press ready, to go into a game and then it loads for ages and then it gets to the part where your team select there character and then it crashes and shutsdown the whole game to my desktop this happens every time i try to go into a game. I updated everything but it still doesn't work . I haven't even played 1 game in season 6 because of this.

Message 24 of 38 (686 Views)

Community Manager

Hi guys, we're seeing that a repair can help with a lot of instability/random glitches that can show up after a major update. 

If you right-click the game panel you'll get the repair option. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 25 of 38 (667 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Message 26 of 38 (642 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That did fix my graphics problems but game crashes around every 3 times and a team mate gets a disconnect on similar frequency so they are left standing till they reconnect - game is much more unstable than Series 5 was.

Message 27 of 38 (635 Views)

★ Guide

Started crashing 5 to 10 times a day since 2 days ago. Did Respawn push a fix out, and it caused some problems. 

Also after crash it wont put you back in the game. No idea what this is, all of a sudden.

Message 28 of 38 (538 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@wongcung Yep, same for me. After the "shield fix" patch I've been crashing constantly again.

RTX 2080Ti
Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX

No problems prior to the patch, Season 6 and Season 5 worked fine. I'm again at the situation where I can't play my favourite shooter game.

Fix this please Respawn/EA.
Message 29 of 38 (474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to play a ranked game, Origin disconnects me, does not let me rejoin, and then proceeds to give me an ABANDON PENALTY. Stop punishing your players for your crappy servers. 

Message 30 of 38 (469 Views)