Scrolling over a computer breaks my game

by MirandaWeppler

Original Post

Scrolling over a computer breaks my game

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, University, Eco, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Adventure, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Star Wars, Strangerville, Vampires, Bowling, Fitness, Kids Room, Laundry Day, Luxury Party Stuff, Nifty Knitting, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Toddler stuff, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a computer or research and debate computer and wave cursor over it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The clock freezes, sims and pets stop what they're doing, but the world around continues (cars, wind, water, the sun) at whatever speed you were at. You cannot switch sims, delete the computers, or move anything. When you try to save the game so you don't lose any progress, the save starts but never completes. Sims will continue scrolling on the computer or working out but you can't stop the task. It is very frustrating.
What do you expect to see? No freezing when your cursor passes over a computer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My cursor goes overtop of a computer and the clock freezes. My sims continue the action they're doing in perpetuity and the task cannot be canceled or added to. I can switch between live and build mode, but nothing can be selected in live mode and items selected in build mode cannot be deleted or put down. I can select speed still, but it has no effect. Trees move with wind, cars drive by, koi fish still swim in water and water still moves. Day and night still cycle and wind turbines continue moving. 

Message 1 of 28 (1,006 Views)

Re: Scrolling over a computer breaks my game

Hero
@MirandaWeppler Did you have a winterfest in your game ? Is it just when you hover over the computer or does it happen with time if you not use the computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (969 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have not had a winterfest in my game since I've noticed this happening. It is still autumn in game and I just experienced it happening without hovering over a computer... I thought I could bypass this bug by moving onto an off the grid lot. Sigh.
Message 3 of 28 (959 Views)

Hero
@MirandaWeppler Do you experience the same if you play a new save for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 28 (950 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It doesn't appear to be crashing on the off the grid lot I'm on without computers.
Message 5 of 28 (935 Views)

Any computer on any lot is freezing time when clicked on

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game packs except Return to Baatu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By trying to click on any computer within the world
What happens when the bug occurs? The game time freezes and I have to wait for the pie menu to show up.
What do you expect to see? I expected for the pie menu to instantly pop up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happens whether I have mods in my game or not. I tried to respond to a previous post but the website would not let me.

Message 6 of 28 (936 Views)

Hero
@MirandaWeppler @RemixBeatz

Could either of you send me your saves ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 28 (909 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Done. Hopefully correctly.
Message 8 of 28 (887 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have also sent you my save files.

Message 9 of 28 (863 Views)

Hero
@MirandaWeppler Quick tested your save and see no freezes.

In which household do you see the issue ? Does it set in right away or after a while of playing ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 28 (846 Views)